Broken but Healing

Taylor Pov

I see Paige come around the corner. She makes eye contact with the broken crying me that is on the floor. Without hesitation she comes as fast as she possibly can due to her boot. Crutches must be a no more at this point of time.

She wraps her arms around me. We both are crying.

How could this happen to me? To my daughter? To us?

I promised her and even more myself that I wasn't going to let another guy hurt me in the way Harry, Joe, Jake, John,etc. did.

But now look at me. Broken ever before because of Calvin.

I don't have enough in me to call him by his real name. The relationship seems as fake as the name Calvin May be.

I can't even think straight now. Or feel love for that matter.

Paige grabs my hand into hers and squeezes three times. It's our way of saying "I love you" without having to say it.

She must be so distraught right now. I'm supposed to be this strong unstoppable mom of hers but I am currently the exact opposite of that.

Then I hear footsteps approaching the aisle we are in and get a little scared that it's Calvin, but then I see Martha's face and I relax.

"Omg Taylor. I am so glad you are okay." She says coming up and helping me stand up as my body feels like dead weight.

Paige gets up along with me, and Martha and her graciously hold my hands as we walk out the store.

"Wait we didn't buy anything? I always buy stuff at Target whenever I come. They help promote me I have to." I say as we get out of the store.

"Taylor you don't" Paige starts to say but then finishes with, "Would it make you happy to go buy stationary and school supplies for me?"

I can here the plea in her voice for it to work. Immediately a smile comes across my broken face.

"I don't have my wallet though." I say.

"No problem Tay, I'll buy whatever you want need and wish for here." Martha then says.

...

Paige Pov

I don't know whether to be mad, upset, or just be the strong supportive daughter that Taylor needs.

I am just so mad and upset that someone could hurt her this badly. Sure guys have messed Taylor up before, but she would tell Martha and Gigi and Selena that Calvin was different.

I would always here her talking about how while he was maybe controlling from time to time he loved her in a different way. He cared for her more than any guy ever has.

Maybe I did see the love he had for her a couple times.

I know Taylor fell in love with him fast and hard. That's how she always has. But not to blame her she kind of has to fall in love quickly.

That is one of the few things she doesn't like about being in the public eye. That of how her relationships are always compared and contrasted by the media. How she is labeled as the serial dater of the world.

I cannot wait for that song to come out

She also doesn't like the world's new obsession with her daughter, well me, I think it's just her over protective nature, and that she grew up in a rural Pennsylvania town. I don't think she ever imagined having a child as the world watching her every parenting move.

I think that's one of the reasons why she is so strict with me. I know I act like I absolutely hate all the rules she has for me, but I know why she has them. It's for my safety of this spotlighted life.