ch.10

I ignored hotch and focused on the case.

"Is there any other similarities between the mothers besides being single mums" i asked Penelope.

"None at all but there is a similarities between the kids" Penelope replied. "In the file it says that all the kids go to a support group, I guess it helps cope with only having one parent" Spencer said and Penelope nodded.

"Correct, we will have to talk to this girl and see why she started it" Penelope stated.

"It could be that she had to deal with it, and instead of becoming an unsub herself and kill these girls she decided to help these kids that are in the same situation as she was once in" Spencer suggested.

"And that Spencer is why I love your brain" I said making him smile.

"So if the unsub is after every child in that group then that's a lot" Rossi stated. "Well not really. Its a group of single parents where the other parent is out of the picture. It might be mostly the mums that are single parents, but it could be dads too"

"Or maybe a grandparent, it happens occasionally" Derek stated.

"Yea, I was raised by a single dad" Rossi said.

"And I was raised by a single mum" I stated.

"Okay wheels up in thirty" Aaron Stated.

As we were leaving Derek came up to me. "Is everything ok"

"Yea, well not really, I dont really know, me and hotch kissed and an older lady called him baby this morning when we were talking"

"Oh Beth" Derek said

"Yes thats her I guess but I dont want to get in their way of the relationship so I'm fine lets just get this case over with" I said walking out and Derek following behind me.

Melissa Davenport was cleaning up after her last group session with the kids. She mostly worked with younger kids. Her older brother Mark walked in smiling. "Hey we have two new members" "Who" Melissa asked. "Brandon and Sara, they remind me of us, you know Brandon being the older protective brother of his younger sister, she's like you won't talk at all. Their father recently ran out leaving just the mother"

We arrived in Fresno California and got settled in the police station. I looked out the window and saw a girl with four kids. Two girls and two boys. "Who is that?" I asked and JJ shrugged. "I heard someone said that thats Melissa" Derek replied. "Did we ask for her yet" I asked

"No we didn't" Aaron replied. "Ok well I'll be back" I said and left. "Hi, I'm Agent Perez with the Behaviour Analysis Unit" I introduced myself. "I brought these kids, they lost their mother recently and their father died a couple years ago" "Ok one of my coworkers are going to speak with you. May I speak with the kids" I asked.

"Yes this is Kelly and Donald, brother and sister. Then we have Maria, an only child and Robbie an only child as well. Maria recently moved here from France and doesn't speak English her interpertur is sick"

"Thats fine I speak French" I said and kneeled in front of Maria. "bonjour maria je m'appelle camilla" I greeted with a smile. "What was that" Aaron asked me as he and Spencer walked up behind me. "I told her my name" I responded looking hotch in the eyes.

"Ahh Lisa I would like to speak with you please" Spencer said and she nodded.