ch.36

Charlotte Perez was more than glad to have gotten away from the party. She couldnt wait until she was older and could start doing her own thing. Being nine wasn't fun but things would get much better soon. She wanted nothing more than to get out of her stupid uncomfortable frilly dress and into her comfy pajamas. Bob her teddy bear was waiting patiently on her bed and the TV was practically calling her name. Charlotte pushed the button several times trying to make the elevators door open quicker.

"Hey kiddo." Charlotte jumped and turned around to see "Uncle" Leo standing behind her. Leo had been a close friend of her parents for years. He was the goofball at parties and functions who would always ask her, Camilla, and Cassidy to dance with him and who wold always slip them a five or ten dollar bill. Charlotte was relieved to see it was only him. "I left some business papers in your hotel room,. Do you mind if I come you with you and grab them?" H asked.

"Not at all." Charlotte said, feeling completely safe.

"That dress sure does look uncomfortable." He said lightly tugging at the fabric around her was it. Charlotte laughed and shook her head in agreement. "You need any help getting out of it?"

"No thanks, Uncle Leo"

"Come on now dont be like that I'll help you with the zipper." He walked towards her and she backed away staring to feel awkward.

"Didn't you say you had some business papers you needed to grab?" Charlotte asked him as she started becoming frightened at the dark look in his blue eyes. She backed into the wall and was trapped.

She felt his big hands close around her throat and she was having trouble breathing. He roughly tore at her dress and she started crying. "This is all your fault you got that? You wanted this. You wanted to feel like a woman." He wouldn't stop saying that until he was finished with her and left her crumpled broken ball on the floor.

...

Camilla's back hit the wall as she listened to her baby sister finish her story. Normally she would never believe a man like Leo would be capable of something so horrible but after working the job for so long and seeing her dad as a serial killer any one was capable of doing anything. It was all starting to make sense. It made sense why she saw Leo getting off the elevator when she left the party. It made sense why Charlotte hardly spoke for months after that night. It made sense because "Uncle" Leo was always touching and tickling her too whenever she saw him. It made sense why she went off on a horrible downward spiral. Camilla couldn't say anything to her sister. She couldn't find her voice but she knew she was telling the truth. Charlotte looked like she was going to be sick and she quickly got up and pushed her way through the team heading for the bathroom. Camilla didn't follow her, she couldn't move. As soon as she was in the bathroom she feel to her knees in front of one of the toilets and she was sick. After a few minutes of throwing up she shakily stood to her feet and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She felt dirty just like that night so many years ago.

"I told you to never tell."

Chalortte's head snapped up and behind her she saw the reflection of Leo Crawford. Before she had a chance to do anything she felt a sharp needle stab into her neck and everything around her went blurry. She slumped backwards into his arms and everything went black.

"Camilla" Hotch began to say.

"I, ah, better go get her." Camilla said as she shakily pushed herself off the wall and headed towards the ladies room where her sister had gone.