ch.77

Letter from the Unsub:

CORRUPTION KILLS

EXPECT MORE VICTIMS

TWK

P.S. HAPPY HUNTING

"What is TWK?" Morgan asked taking a seat at the table.

Reid interjected, "It's likely an acronym for the killer's name. Unlike the Zodiac, he doesn't just come out and say it."

Camilla was leaned against the wall, right hand laced gently over her abdomen, "It's obvious he's taunting us."

"Yes. But would he have written the letter if there hadn't been a shooting?" Rossi agreed.

"Rossi has a point." Morgan implied. "I think this is the unsub's way of letting us know he's still out there."

Camilla took a few steps closer to the table, "Then why give us three suspects, why doesn't he just take the credit for the three people he murdered?"

Hotch added, "He's trying to show us how clever he is and this letter is his way of taunting us."

Reid tacked the letter on the board and said, "Hotch is right. The words HAPPY HUNTING are a direct taunt."

JJ walked into the room just as Reid was finishing his statement. "Taunt or not we have three suspects to question and the guy who delivered this letter."

"It doesn't help that the letter was handed to JJ on live T.V," Morgan added as he remembering tackling the guy to the ground.

"Morgan's right, the press is an uproar." JJ sighed.

"He's getting what he wants," Rossi added.

"And what happens if he doesn't get what he wants?" JJ asked.

"We ultimately make him mad and he keeps up his timeline," Hotch stated.

"What do you want us to do?" Camilla asked looking at the timeline on the board.

Hotch responded, "Morgan and Reid still need to go to each of the crime scenes. Camilla starts working on victimology, JJ needs to get a handle on the press and Rossi you can start questioning the suspects."

Morgan grabbed a set of SUV keys off the table, "Come, on pretty boy, lets out that big brains of your to work."

Hotch's phone started to ring, he looked at the I.D., it read, Christina Perez. Hotch thought to himself, Camilla's mum? It has to be about the adoption.

The agents left in the room could see a visible change on Hotch's face. He was worried.

"Is everything okay?" Camilla asked.

"It's fine." Hotch silenced his phone. "JJ speak with the Sheriff and get ready to prepare a press conference." JJ left with a sneeze of urgency to regain control of the press. Hotch noticed Rossi and Camilla were still gazing at him with cocked heads and for the first time, he noticed how similar they looked. "Dave I assure you and Camilla will be okay to start interviews."