ch.42

Camilla shifted and slowly opened her sleepy eyes. The sound of snow crunching under feet woke her. "Morgan?" she sat up and saw a dark figure before her, leaning over her partner. "Morgan! Morgan wake up!" she yelled moving back. She slide her hand into her jacket and pulled put her gun. She aimed it at the offenders face. The man dressed all in black leaped at her. He kicked the gun out of her hand before she could shoot. She removed the object in his hand and threw it. Punching him in the face a few times he fell to his side and hurried off. Camilla quickly crawled to her gun and aimed it in the mans direction. Pulling the trigger once, twice, three times. She wasn't sure if she hit him but she wasn't going to check.

Camilla found the object in the snow a few feet away. Picking it up she held it over the fire. It was a syringe with only a few drops of blue liquid left. Dropping it in the fire she rushed to Morgan's side realizing that the gun shot sounds didnt wake him up.

She shook him but nothing happened. He wasnt waking up. "Morgan please wake up." she pleaded. He was breathing and had a pulse, but it was weaker than normal. "Derek please..."

Camilla sat real close to him and held her gun close to her chest. With her eyes pealed she looked around, back and forth. She had to protect him.

She stayed up all night praying that he would snap out of it. She remembered the part of the profile. The Unsub had been drugging his victims what they didnt know what yet. Camilla knew that that was the Unsub she just encountered.

She found his pocket knife in his pants pocket and lined up all the carpet squares. She cut holes in the corners of all of them. She took some of the ropes they had and tied the squares together. And finally she made the rope extra long loop in the front.

Camilla grabbed onto his arms and pulled him onto the carpet. He was heavier then he looked. She smiled just thinking about how he would say its all muscle. Camilla stepped into the loop and pulled it up around her waist. She began to walk pulling him with her. She frequently looked back to make sure he wasnt sliding off. Dead or alive she was going to make sure he got back.

Muscles crying, joints aching, lungs burning. Camilla stopped and almost collapsed. Sh had been walking for hours. Morgan's dead weight was holding her back. She had to keep going through. It was there fourth day out here and she wasnt going to stop now.

"A cave, holy shit finally a cave" she said panting. Camilla pulled Derek up to the center and began to make another fire. Needing more wood she bundled him up with all the carry on things. Camila bent over and grabbed a hold of the limbs. She began breaking them in two so it would be easier to carry. Grabbing another one she heard a rustling, swift motion moving across the snow. She slowly turned and looked around. "Relax, Camilla, no ones here but you." she mumbled to herself.

Seconds later she heard it again. Getting frustrated she turned around once more, but this time there was something there. A wolf the size of a lab stood before her. It's hair raised inches from its back. Jaw seperated showing sharp white teeth. "Hi...here." she said pulling on one of the smaller logs out her arms. "Fetch." she three the stick as far as she could. "Oh ok, I see how it is." she said trying to keep calm. "Why can't you be like a regular dog." she whispered. Camilla swallowed took a step to the side but the wolf did the same thing. She took another step. Big mistake.

The wolf lunged at her. Camilla dropped the wood and tried to make a run for it. She wasn't fast enough. The wolf latched onto her ankle and pulled her down. She creamed as it's teeth bore into her skin. The wolf dragged her back as she reached for a nearby tree. Her gloves slipped off the bark, allowing the animal to pull her back. It's neck thrashed and feet clawed away at her. Pulling her gun out it slipped from her hands. She quickly grabbed it before she was too far away. Her hands were shaking too much for her to take a shot. She aimed anyway and pulled the trigger.