ch.78

Camilla felt her knees go weak as he gasped in horror. Tear in err eyes, seeping out the tiny ducts, "Who is this? Camilla yelled. Her profiling instincts kicked in suppressing her initial reaction, giving her the will to question further, "How do I know what you are saying is the truth?"

Hotch watched as Camilla nearly stumbled to the floor upon answering the phone, he quickly bolted to her side, placing a hand beneath her elbow and one in the small of her back, helping her regain her balance. He watched in silence as the conversation continued.

"Answer me!" Camilla yelled, feeling that the silence was giving her all the answers she needed. The overwhelming emotion came flooding back as she started believing her mother really was dead. Her chest started to heave as she fought for control. For the first time, she noticed Hotch standing at her side and caught his glance.

Hotch looked into Camilla's dark eyes and saw utter despair, there was hopelessness that cast a glance, silently asking for help.

Camilla didn't have the words to speak as she tried to keep herself from sobbing. The tears were constant as they streamed down her face. She handed the phone to Hotch as she took a seat on the armrest, of the nearest couch.

Hotch took the phone without question, keeping a hand on Camilla's back as she took a seat, "Who is this?" He asked with a demanding tone.

Camilla took a few deep breaths, swallowing back the sobs.

"Bye, bye." The gruff voice spoke, leaving nothing but a dial tone.

Camilla felt Hotch remove his hand, taking away that comfort she was soaking up. She found a herslef longing for his touch. Her face flushed and she could feel the heat rush up to her cheeks.

"What did he say?"Hotch asked. He waited for her to answer and found himself almost confused looking at Camilla he saw sitting in front of him. She looked to be breaking little pieces of her soul were being ripped out as she fought for all the control she could muster.

"I can't. . ." Camilla shook her head. "It's..." After a deep breath, Camilla fought to speak the words, "He said my mum is dead." Her chest starts to heave once again.

Hotch put his hand on Camilla's shoulder," Is there somebody you can call to..." Hotch paused.

Camilla sat up a little straighter, "My mother's assistant is always with her. She would know for sure." Camilla sniffed one good time hoping to dry up her tears, feeling a little hope.

"Good," Hotch replied, he kissed her forehead handing her the phone back, "I'll give you some privacy." Hotch started to stand up and felt Camilla grab his hand firmly, wrapping her fingers around his palm.

"Stay." They sat together and he pulled her into a hug. Just as she was about to dial the number it began to ring once again. The I.D. popped up on the screen, she looked at hotch, "It's him."

"Do you want me to answer?" Hotch offered.

Camilla shook her had, "It's okay, I've got it."

Camilla forced her thumb to accept the call, she lifted the phone to her ear, "Macy?" Camilla heard her frantic breathing along with the disconnected syllables of uncertainty. "Macy?"