ch.29

She sat at his bedside, holding his hand and waiting. She couldn't erase the vision of him hanging from the rafters in the old warehouse and her actually killing her dad. Camilla thought of herself as a strong person but the thought of losing Hotch would have changed her, destroyed her even.

After her breakup she thought that she could never love someone again but Hotch came and stole her heart. The doctor said he would be fine, full recovery was the prognosis and for that she thanked God. Camilla felt a soft hand on her shoulder. She hadn't heard her enter so deep in thought.

"How's he doing?"

"JJ, I thought I had lost him. All of you"

"Well you didn't. You saved our lives, Camilla. Thank you."

"I'm just glad I made it on time."

"I'm sorry about your dad being a serial killer, I wasn't shocked when he told me that he raised one smart girl."

"You would think I knew it was my dad, but no-one wants to believe that someone they love and trust could do such thing. He told me why he had a specific type, it reminded him of my mother and sisters and when he pushed the button and turned around...I killed him without knowing it" Camilla said wiping the tears from her eyes and JJ comforted her.

"I'm going to get coffee" Camilla said getting up.

As Camilla headed towards the waiting room, Rossi was ending a call. He looked tired. "Camilla, we need to talk."

"Sure, I was just going to get one coffee"

"Let's take a walk."

The two headed down the long hallway toward the cafeteria.

"Camilla, how long have you been in contact with Elle?"

"Since recently"

"You need to tell me where she is"

"Are you serious, Dave"

"She needs to answer for her actions!"

"She just saved your damn life!"

"I know that and I'm grateful but it doesn't change the fact that she shot a man in cold blood."

"The shooting was ruled self-defense."

"You and I know that was not the case."

"I was never around when the case happened"

"How do you plan on explaining the fact of this case?"

"The facts of the case? Dave, all I was thinking about was finding you guys and bringing you home safe!"

"You're still to have to account for you actions and anyone else who may have been involved."

"I can't believe we're having this conversation!" Camilla began pacing in from off the cafeteria door. "Listen, I needed help and Elle was the only one that was available. END OF DISCUSSION!"

"I know we're all tired and worried about Hotch and Prentiss but this is not over! I'm giving you until nine a.m tomorrow to tell me where she is, because you know Hotch is gong to ask"