ch.39

Morgan's eyes slowly opened, and it took a second for them to focus. He turned his head to the right and saw his window shattered. He brushed the broken glass off his lap and unbuckled his jammed seatbelt. He heard the sound of tires screeching. He again looked out the window and saw a baby blue truck backing out of the ditch it sat in. "Hey!" he yelled. He pushed his door open and fell out. His legs sunk in the snow as he tried to run up the hill.

The truck gunned it and slipped out of the ditch. Morgan tried to run after it but his knees buckled. He fell still in shock from the crash. He watched as the truck sped off leaving a white cloud in its trace. He punched the snow and looked back at the car. The entire passenger side was smashed. "Camilla!" he said trying to stand up. Regaining his balance he shuffled back to the car. Camilla and the driver were out cold. He pulled on the hands but the door wouldn't budge. Her windows was also broken. He reached through and shook her shoulder. It took her a second before regaining semi consciousness. She rolled her head over and looked up at him. "What happened?" she mumbled.

"We were in an accident, we need to get out of here," he said quickly.

"Oh...oh ok." she pulled her right arm up to unbuckle her seatbelt but it wouldn't move. She furrowed her brow and pulled at her arm harder. She wince and tried again. "Morgan, its stuck."

"What's stuck?"

"My arm."

"What!" he exclaimed.

"It's stuck in between the seat and the door."

"Ok hold on, I'm coming in." He crawled back into the truck and leaned over into the front. He quickly turned to the driver and pressed two fingers to his neck. He shook his head. "He's gone."

"Damn, what are we going to do?"

"First we are going to get you out. I'm going to push on the door while you pull it out." She nodded. "One, two, three!"

"Ugh!" She winced.

"Okay thats not going to work"

"You think?"

"Here," he said. He grabbed her arm and pushed down and then to the side. He heard something rip as she slid her arm out. "There," he breathed. He looked down at his gloves. A shiny liquid covered all of his fingers. He looked up at her and wiped it on the dash board. Blood was painted across the plastic. Morgan pulled off his glove to see the blood wasn't his. He quickly looked down the door, Blood ran down the side and into the floorboard."

"Morgan..."

"Yeah?" Morgan stared at her arm where she was pointing. A large, thin piece of metal was sticking out. "God, come here," he said pulling her out. Morgan set her down in the snow up against the truck. He shuffled down to the bed of the truck. Climbing in her pulled up the hidden truck. Searching, he finally found the First-Aid kit. Rushing back he saw the bloody piece of metal in the snow. "You pulled it out?!"

"I couldn't just leave it in there."

Shaking his head he carefully pulled her coat off and her sleeve up. "Hurry up, its cold out here." she complained.

"We're going to have to clean it."

"Clean it? With what?"