ch.38

SSA Aaron Hotchner walked over to JJ's desk and said. "My office now."

"Yes sir." She followed him upstairs and after she shut the door she asked. "What's the matter sir?" Hotch grinned, "Sorry had to keep up appearances. I'm planning Camilla's gift and I needed an opinion."

"Oh right. I forgot her birthday was coming up. What do you have planned?"

"A group party and I've got a special gift planned for her."

"Well what is it?"

Aaron looked at his laptop. "Rings. I've got three rings picked out."

JJ's eyes went wide and her smile became bigger. "All of these are nice choices but I think she'll like the middle choice best."

"That's the one I was leaning towards as well. Thanks for your help." Aaron clicked buttons and closed his computer down. He glanced at the clock and got his bag together and he and JJ left his office. Aaron went down to Camilla's desk and whispered in her ear. Camilla perked up and started closing her work up and gathering her bag.

"What did you just tell him?" Morgan asked seeing Camilla with a small smile playing at her lips.

"Dinner reservations" Hotch said as he helped Camilla gather her files.

"What restaurant?"

"Our favorite." Hotch snickered as Derek mock glared at the two of them. Camilla and Aaron made their way to the elevators after that. Derek turned to JJ and said. "What did Hotch want? He seemed pretty pissed."

"Hotch is a very good actor. He didnt want Camilla suspecting anything?"

"What did he want you for?"

"After a year together he's going to propose to her." she said smiling at the thought of it happening.

"Hotch is going to ask Camilla to marry him? Finally."

Two weeks later everyone was crowded inside Hotch's house singing happy birthday to Camilla/ Hotch sat next to her and kept a hand on his back at all times. He wanted to wrap Camilla up in his arms but he knew that he would need to blow out the candles and that the cake and ice cream would need to be served.

In the middle of eating cake, Aaron stood up and said he'd be right back. He went to their room and when he their bed he wanted nothing more than to pull Camilla down the hallway and make love to her but he calmed down and got his gift out the wall safe. He went back to the living room and saw Camilla surrounded by presents. He sat across from her and Camilla started to open presents. She blushed and stammered out her thanks for her gifts. Aaron didnt know what could make Camilla blush the way she was so he asked, "Can we see the presents?"

She bite her lip and said, "I'll show you tonight."

Aaron then stood up and sat next to Camilla. He wrapped his arm around Camilla and pulled the ring box out of his pocket. "Camilla Perez will you marry me?

Camilla stared at the ring for a few moments and said, "Yes."

Aaron didn't care about the team and after he slipped the run on her finger, he pulled her into a deep kiss. His fingers tangled in her hair and Camilla wrapped her arms around Aaron's shoulder as they took turns kissing. When he two needed to breathe they rested their foreheads together and looked into each others eye. "I love you Aaron" she said as her left hand was on his cheek. "I love you too Perez"