ch.45

Lisa was rushed into the hospital where she had previously worked. As they rolled her down the hall she received glares from doctors and awkward glances from her fellow nurses. Then there was Jenny. Jenny was Lisa's best friend in and out of the hospital. Jenny saw Lisa from the nurses station and rushed over to assist. "Lisa!"

"Jenny!" she said with a sign of relief. "You've got to help me."

Jenny nodded fast and stopped as they went down another hall.

...

JJ and Hotch walked back into the small room. They got on either side of the bed and sat. Before either one could speak she opened her mouth. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I freaked out like that. I know that I'm stronger and bigger than her and that I could taker her any day, but down in that cellar I was weak and vulnerable and constrained. I know that is she walked in here right now I would be so afraid and I dont know why."

"She took your sense of safety, and thats ok, you'll get it back." JJ assured her.

"Camilla I need you to start talking to the doctors." Hotch said with a sorry look on his face.

"I was waiting for that. They think I'm crazy, the nurses, I'll try."

"Thank you." he said placing a hand on her leg. "I'll get you out soon."

"Emily can you stay a second?"

"Yeah." she smiled and sat at the end of the bed. Camilla did her best to scoot over to one side of the bed. She motioned for Emily to lie down next to her. Once Emily had situated herself she held her friends hands.

"I wish I could go back." Camilla stated.

"How far back?"

"To the wolf attack. If I had been smart then I would have shot it sooner and I would have been able to walk. If I could have walked then I could have helped Derek when he needed me. All I could do was sit there and watch."

...

"Lisa you got this just one more push." the doctor said.

Lisa closed her eyes and gave it all she had. Seconds later she heard a high pitch squeal fill the room. With joy she rested her head back on the pillow and relaxed.

"Is it a boy?"

"Nope you have a little girl." the nurse said smiling, she was carrying the baby over in a light pink blanket. "Do you have a name for her?"

"Yes she looks like a Camille." she said smiling devishly.

Lisa saw Jenny standing in the door way. "Come in." Jenny slowly walked towards her friend and held her hands behind her back.

"Hey there." Jenny said running her hands over the babies head.

"Rick wanted a boy." Lisa said with tears in her eyes.

"And you wanted a girl."

"But-"

"But Ricks not here. I have something for you."