ch.79

Hotch's phone suddenly rang from his pocket. The three agents remained standing in the rain while Hotch answered, "Yeah JJ?"

"Hotch we have a problem."

"What's wrong?"

"One victim, same MO but the evidence left behind is more telling than the other murders and we have someone in custody covered in victim's blood?"

"Do you think it's the killer?" Hotch asked.

"No," JJ replied, "But we need everyone here."

"We're on our way," Hotch replied

"They need us to come in," Rossi stated, reading Hotch's face.

Hotch barely nodded in response.

Camilla sighed, she wasn't she was mentally able to sustain a sound mind and contribute to the case.

"Camilla you don't have..." Hotch was going to try and reason with her to stay behind.

"No Hotch. I don't know what it is they both of you have to tell me, but it can wait, right now we have an unsub to catch." She finished walking towards the SUV. The truth was she wasn't ready to face what it is they needed to tell her. She figured it had something to do with her past and was more than likely life-altering.

Camilla slid into the backseat of the SUV, waiting on the two agents. She ignored the uncomfortable way her clothing clung to her body, the dampness in her shoes and her hair soaking wet. She slumped in the leather seat and a chill rushed over her body, my mum is dead. I'm going to find whoever killed her. We may have not got along all the time but she was my mum, I loved her and she didn't deserve this.

Finally, they arrived at Tower B where all the victims were being killed and it was already assumed that the suspect framed for his murder worked in Tower A just like the others; however they had someone in custody in the victim's blood. Things were getting twisted and it would take the whole team to sort it out.

Once Hotch, Rossi, and Camilla arrived  upstairs Hotch was first to ask, "Who's our victim?"

JJ stepped up, "Everett Larson. He was killed the same as all the other victims, one stab wound to the abdomen and the word PROCRASTINATOR written along his forehead."

Reid then added, "I presume the unsub wrote procrastinator on the forehead because the word would not fit on the cheek."

"What was left behind as evidence?" Rossi asked.

"That's where it gets weird," JJ responded.

Reid led the agents over to the victim, "Forensics already took a sample and rushed it to the lad, but do you notice this ring of red on the victim's cheek?"

The agents looked closed and nodded.

Reid continued, "It's faint but if you look close it resembles the outline of someone's lips likely one of a female with the presumption that the ring is lipstick."

Camilla interfered, "If someone did kiss the victim's cheek, their mouth was open. Look how wide the ring is."

"Exactly," Reid said.