Plot Twist

Basically the Louis scene, but revised. 😕

Once Clem, Louis, and AJ found the boiler deck, they snuck past some guys but hid once they heard more voices from the cell area.

"Minerva, Focus."

"yes ma'am.... I- I have a little brother. Short, scarred face. Is he... He's not out there is he?" Minnie's voice rang through.

"Look, we've discussed this. Your family is Delta now. There ain't no room for anyone else."

"yes ma'am."

The other girl left, leaving Minnie alone.

"shit. Of course she had to be the cell guard. We can't sneak past her." Louis said. Clem moved a little closer to her and stood with her arrow pointed at her and she did the same.

"Get. out." She said harshly.

"Not without our people." Clementine said back.

"I swear to god, if you got Tenn caught up in this... Just... Just tell me, that he's safe." Minnie demanded.

"he told me to tell you he forgives you." Clem quietly said. Minnie's eyes changed. She put her bow down.

"shit...I'll help you get everyone out. Then you take my brother, and run. Get him back to where he's safe."

Clem, Louis, and AJ lowered their weapons.

"come on, we have to hurry." Clem said going to a cell.

"Clementine!"

"holy fuck!"

Two voices came through. Omar and Aasim.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Clem asked them.

"he doesn't look hurt." AJ pointed out.

"I.. Yeah. I'm all right, we're all right." Omar said. "Take care of Violet first. She's... She's in rough shape."

"I'll unlock the other cell." Minerva said and did. "we don't have a lot of time before Dorian comes back. Louis, help me with these guys."

"got it."

Clem walked in the cell and saw violet in the corner with her knees go her chest. Clementine slowly approached her.

"violet? Violet." just then, Minerva hit Clem over the head with her bow, knocking her out, but before she went down she heard Minnie and louis arguing.

Then everything went black.

•••

I woke up and slowly sat up. Violet was no longer in the corner. She was sitting next to me with her face covered in her knees again.

"Violet?"

She didn't look up, she just reached her arms out wanting a hug, Clem complied.

Once they pulled away, Violet hid her face again, turning away from her.

"what did they do to you?" Clem asked, trying to get violet to turn her head, Aasim stopped her.

"No no no! Don't... They, uh... They cut out her eye." he said with a shakey voice. Clem looked at violet in shock. "she just uh.. She kept fucking glaring."

"oh my god. I'm sorry Violet." she tried to get closer but violet backed away a bit and started to cry. They broke her.

"we're getting out of here, okay?... Let's get you home." Clem said with a hand on Violets shoulder.

Violet finally turned to look at her fully. Where her eye used to be isn't even bandaged. It looked bad.

Then, a gate opened. And violet got scared again, and put herself back in the corner with her knees in her chest.

"shhh... It's okay, it's okay." Clem reassured. "It's okay. You'll be home soon."

AN
552 words
This rumor of Violet losing her eye inspired me hehe
-Max