My sons Baseball game

Based off of my little cousins baseball game (funny enough, his initials are AJ)
Vi and Clem adopted AJ. He is 8 and Vi is 24 and Clem is 23.
And they are married.

Clementine got home from work excited to go see her son play his favorite game. She set her purse on the counter and unpacked her wallet and phone from it. While facing away from the room, tired arms wrapped around her waist and she smiled calmly.

"hey, baby." Clem lowly speaks. Getting a hum in response. Clem turns around in her wife's arms and places hers on her shoulders. "are you up to go to AJs baseball game? We're meeting Lee and Carley there." they usually pick him up from school since both Violet and Clementine are still at work the time he gets out. Violet yawned and rubbed her eyes. 'She totally just woke up from a nap' Clem thought to herself.

"what field is it on?" she asked.

"field eight." Clem's face dropped, she forgot it for a second.

"Clem that's in the back, next to the forest. You know how bad my allergies get when I go back there... Plus it's a long walk and I'm tiiiireddd!" she complained, dragging out the last word and leaning on Clem's shoulder, pushing her back into the counter. Clementine pushed her lightly off to where she was back facing her and held her up by her shoulders.

"I know, but AJ would like you to be there. His team is undefeated and only has three games left. He wants you there."

Violet took a deep breath. "okay, let me take some medicine then we can go."

"okay."

•••

Violet almost fell asleep in the car, making Clem laugh a bit. Once they got to the field, Clem shook her fully awake again.

"we're here." She said and stepped out of the car and walked over to Violets side and opened the door. She giggled when she saw her wife with her arms out like a child asking to be held. "I'm not carrying you all the way to the back field."

"why noooooot?!" Violet dropped her hands and frowned.

"becaaaause, one: we will look stupid, and two: it's a far walk and my legs will give out before we're half way there."

"...are you calling me fat?" Violet squinted her eyes and Clementine laughed.

"No, I'm calling myself weak. I'm not as young as I used to be."

"mmm you don't look a day over 16." Violet said with a glint of lust in her eyes.

"perv. Come on, get out of the car." Clem opened the door more, allowing Violet room to get out.

"fiiiiineee."

•••

They got around to the back field and greeted Lee and Carley with hugs before all sitting and watching the game.

Well Violets awake now, the game started a bit early but they got there just in time to see our team score four runs in the first inning.

End of the second inning and its 4-3 AJs winning but Violet is about an inch away from getting herself thrown out. Clem doesn't blame her though, these umpires suck. But each time Violet stands up to yell, Clem has to shush her calmly and pull her back down slowly. AJ played pitcher and made a great play to first and got the last out of the inning and held them off.

End of the second inning and its still 4-3. The umpires are doing better though. AJ got a good hit but they got him out at second.

End of the third and its STILL 4-3. The umpire made another bad call and Violet said something but the umpire shook it off. We're undefeated with two games left. We need to stay on top. The only advantage is the other team gets to bat last. Meaning we needed to be ahead then. Like, way ahead.

Clem almost left when violet started whispering "brick" when the ball was pitched to the other team. It was an old trick that jinxed them into missing. They were convinced it worked.

"You better stop." Clem said joking and laughing.

"look it's working." Violet said watching as another batter struck out.

End of fourth and the score finally changed. It's 6-3 AJs team winning. They still need to be more ahead in the sixth inning.

End of the fifth and its 9-3. Theyre no longer worried. They just need to score a few more to secure safety. But where they're at they should be good.

Last time hitting its 13-3. The other team gets to hit one more time, all they have to do is hold them off and it's another W for them.

"okay, last inning, I'm bringing out the bricks." Violet whispered to Clem. Clem shook her head and laughed.

"oh no."

End of game 13-6. Violet ALMOST got kicked out yelling "what the f-" but Clem hit her shoulder and stopped her.

They had one once more.

Violet stood up after the last out and yelled "WE REMAIN UNDEFEATED!"

The look on AJs face was priceless. He was so embarrassed.

AJ ran into the dug out after the team meeting and packed his stuff.

"I'll go help him." Clem said before walking into the dug out and hugged AJ. "I'm so proud of you."

"thanks momma." AJ pulled away from the hug and threw his glove and Bat and helmet into his bag.

Clementine uunhooked his bag from the fence and held it. They walked out of the dug out and AJ ran to his other mom and jumped into her arms.

"hey buddy. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to other games." Violet said as she put him down.

"it doesn't matter, you're here now." He said with a smile on his face. A smile that brightens Violets day every day.

"go get your snack, I'll Help momma carry the chairs and stuff." Violet said and AJ did a little victory dance before running to the bag of various chips and drinks.

"he's really happy you came. And so am I." Clementine said walking to her, Vi's eyes not leaving her little boy.

"yeah. I am too."

AN
Yes I did just fan fiction document my little cousins baseball game. Don't judge 😂.
-Max