Discipline

Not in the apocalypse
Vi and Clem are married
AJ is their adopted kid

AJ was just going through his rebellious phase as a kid. Violet always looked after him while Clementine was at work. And it was getting harder each day to control that kid.

One day Violet picked AJ up from school as usual and took him to get some fast food as usual. It was a daily routine.

It was 4:00 by the time they got home, Clem usually didn't get home until about 5.

AJs teacher had always told her his homework and what he had to do. Today was no different. A few computer problems, then flash cards, then reading.

Violet aasked him how his day was and asked him what he learned and he told her he got a gold star on a math sheet, and as usual, Violet was proud.

Everything was as usual until they got home and AJ bolted for the computer. He did his math problems assigned to him then watched some youtube.

She let him watch some videos for about 10 minutes before she saw his flash cards.

"hey AJ! We need to do these flash cards!" Violet yelled from the kitchen. No answer. "AJ!" She called again. She knew he could hear her, but again. No answer. "AJ, now, come on." She demanded. Now she got an answer.

"No." AJ said frustrated.

"excuse me," Violet said with a hand on her hip.

"you're excused." AJ said, not taking his eyes off the computer screen. Violet scoffed before going into the computer room and looked at him.

"Alvin Junior. Now. Get off the computer." Violet was nice for the last time.

"I don't want to!" AJ yelled. Okay. Violet was done being nice. She reached over the keyboard and pressed the power button on the computer, turning it off. "hey! I was watching that!" AJ whined.

"I don't care, now let's go do these flash cards and read." Violet crossed her arms. AJ didn't move. "don't make me call Clementine."

As soon as she said that, AJs eyes widened and gave up. He huffed and stood from the chair. "you're not my mom Violet." he said before going and sitting at the bar in the kitchen. Violet was frozen for a second. She hated when AJ said stuff like that to her.

She took a deep breath before walking to the kitchen. She held up flash cards and AJ answered each one correctly. He was very smart and he can do it, he just doesn't ever want to.

"okay, now we need to read." Violet said, finally calmed down, but that didn't last long.

"I don't wanna!" AJ whined.

"well too bad, you have to. Let's go." Violet said. AJ groaned loudly before following Violet with a book. She sat down next to him and he opened the book.

He read it with the least amount of energy. It bothered Violet but at least he was reading.

He messed up on a few of the words and Violet helped him. He stalled on some of the pages just to pass time.

Once he finished reading, he went into the living room. "wanna watch ladybug and cat noir?" Violet asked. She knew it was one of his favorites and she swore if she saw another Disco Broccoli cartoon, she would go insane.

"sure. And after can we play Mario?" AJ asked.

"sure." Violet set up Netflix and turned it on for him. She couldn't lie, she liked this show too.

After a few episodes and a few games of Super Mario Bros, Clementine came home. Violet got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen to greet her wife home from work. She smiled at her and took her purse and set it on the counter and took her jacket and hung it up for her. Clementine blushed at how sweet Violet was.

"hey." Violet said finally getting to hug her. She pecked her lips and smiled.

"hi." Clementine said.

"how was work?" Violet asked, getting Clem some water. Clem sat down at the bar.

"eh, same as always. Paperwork. Printing. The usual." Clementine said, drinking the water Vi had just given her. "what about you?"

"watched last night's Big Brother episode and cartoons when AJ got home. Speaking of him, we need to talk." Violet quieted her voice so AJ wouldn't hear them talking about him.

"what happened?"

"that rebellious phase he's going through, its getting worse. I told him he needed to do those flash cards and he yelled 'no' at me and back talked me." Violet explained.

AJ had rarely ever talked back to Clementine, and when he did, he regrets it immediately. Him and Violet kind of get along but AJ and Clem were together first and he's jealous of Violet taking all of Clem's time.

"I'll talk to him." Clementine said. She stood from her seat and headed into the living room. "hey buddy, can I talk to you?" she stood behind him on the floor playing Mario Bros.

"hang on, let me finish this game." AJ didn't look at her.

"let me rephrase. I need to talk to you. Now. Turn off the game."

"hang on."

Clementine turned off the TV. AJ almost turned around to yell but immediately calmed down when he saw Clem's face. Arms crossed looking down at him.

"o-okay." AJ stood up and Clem walked into his room.

"look at me. Did you talk back to Violet?" Clementine asked, hands on her knees at his level.

"no-" he said quickly.

"she said you did." she paused. "You cannot talk back to Violet like that. She is the boss of you just as much as I am. You have to listen to her and do what she says, and if I hear from her or any other adult that you are not behaving correctly, I'm cutting your game time. And you owe Violet an apology." Clementine said with a stern voice.

AJ scoffed and tried to walk out but Clem stopped him.

"what do you say?" She asked. AJ sighed.

"yes ma'am." she let him walk away after that.

A few minutes later, Clem was snuggled on the couch with her book while Violet cleaned a bit.

"Hey Violet," AJ said softly. Clementine listened in.

"what's up little man?" Violet asked.

"im- I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. It won't happen again." AJ said.

"it's okay buddy. Want some chicken nuggets?" Violet asked.

"yes please." AJ said, Clementine smiled, she loved her family when it worked out.

She kept reading her book and soon Violet came in to join her after feeding AJ.

"what did you say to him? It's like he's a completely different kid." Violet laughed and sat on the couch with her legs over Clem's lap, Clementine put her book down and rested her hands on Violets knees.

"I told him if he didn't start listening to you then he'd lose some game time."

"oh damn, bet that got his attention." Violet chuckled.

"yup." Clementine leaned in to kiss her quickly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Violet blushed and touched noses with Clem in an adorable Eskimo kiss.

AN
1206 words.
IM BAAACK. This week was rough. I couldn't go to my cousins funeral because I had an audition. But I sent my love
-Max