Backyard

*Sophie and Minerva's house*

Sophie's POV

Finally were on break! I've waited for this forever! Clementine and Violet were throwing a baseball in the back yard like always, Louis was helping AJ 'dig to china' and Minerva and Brody are on their phones being antisocial. So basically a normal day in our group.

I had just done my nails ready to go join them when I heard a very loud noise coming from the back yard, so I quickly look out the window, but all I saw was Clementine and Violet close to each other, staring at each other and a baseball rolling away from the two. I watched them for a bit and smiled, I really think they would be so cute together but they're too shy to say anything about what they're actually feeling because it's pretty obvious they like each other a lot. I've gotta do something about it.

Clementine's POV

Violet and I were as usual throwing a baseball in the back yard (even though she hates it, she does it for me) until she misses the ball and laughs at herself, but eventually we just began staring at each other. Not like, stalker stare, but a stare as if we were thinking the same thing, plus adoration.

I don't hide the fact that I like her in my brain because it'd be no use, but I do hide it from everyone else. Including her. I just hope she likes me back and doesn't just see me as a sister figure or something.

As much as I love baseball, I honestly would love to do something different with Violet. "You know what? I'm kinda cold, I'm gonna run inside and grab my hoodie." I say and awkwardly try to walk away to not make a fool out of myself.

"oh, here, take mine. I'm actually pretty warm." She said, pulling off her hoodie. She looked so sweet while saying that, and her green eyes sparkled like they do in the sunlight. UGH. Why does she do this to me.

"No, it's okay, I'll just go get my own, I don't want you getting cold because of me." I say only 'slightly' stuttering and walked closer to the door.

"No, really, I'm okay, take mine." she holds her hoodie out for me. I hesitate but finally give in.

"okay," I innocently mumbled.

Violet's POV

Clementine is so fucking cute. I'm kinda sad we're just friends, but I'm also afraid to take the first big step, especially since the incident with the redhead sitting literally fifteen feet from us on her phone. Even though it's been resolved, I'm still nervous to move on.

After I gave her my hoodie there was an awkward silence. I wanted to say something but Sophie ran outside the door towards us with apparently really exciting news.

"GUESS WHAT! I just convinced my parents to make a trip to the beach to have some summer adventures, and all of you are invited!" She says loud enough for all the teens to hear. "...I mean if you guys wanna, obviously." Sophie calmed down.

I think I misunderstood Sophie. Spending summer with Clementine?! Is she kidding?! I pinched myself behind my back so no one would see and to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and nope. This is real.

"Earth to Violet!" Sophie said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"um, yeah! Sounds cool." I tried to act cool but in reality I'm probably visibly nervous.

"when are we leaving?" Clem asked.

"Tomorrow. I'm gonna go start packing!" she said and ran back into the house, leaving it once again quiet outside other than the faint noises of Louis and AJ digging in the dirt.

Clementine's POV

I still can't believe I get to go to the beach with Violet! WAIT- we're going to the beach... She's gonna see me in a bikini! Uh oh! What if I'm fat?! ... Nahhhhh. I guess not. I mean, I work out every day... I should be okay. Right?

Violet was standing right next to me and there was more silence between us.

"AJ and I better head home. We gotta pack and he needs to shower and get all that dirt off." I say.

"I can give you a ride if you want, I know it's just down a few blocks but it looks like it's about to rain and I wouldn't want you to have to walk in the rain." Violet offered.

"that'd be great. Thanks. AJ come on, wipe your hands off... You sure you don't mind, he might get that in your car." I said.

"eh, my car already is a piece of shit. It can't get any worse." Violet laughed and we all walk to her car.

The ride was silent but short and when we pulled up into the drive way, it started to sprinkle.

"thanks for the ride, see you tomorrow." I said timidly.

"No problem, and yeah, see ya."

She drove off and I watched her go all the way down the street until she was out of sight.

AN
Full book? I'll do it.
-xMaxx