You're gonna be okay

Team effort part 2

Beep beep beep

That's all Clementine could hear. She couldn't open her eyes, she couldn't talk, she couldn't move, she could barely even breath...All she could do was hear.

•••

"Violet! Slow down!" Louis yelled to his best friend as she ran towards the hospital doors, not thinking twice.

"I have to get to her! I have to see she's okay!" Violet turned around to face him for about two seconds before turning back to the building and running in.

Her friends followed her into the building to see her frantically talking to the lady at he desk.

"I'm looking for Clementine Everett." She said calmly but scared at the desk.

"yes ma'am, she is in the Emergency room. You can head over there and stay in the waiting room and I'll let a doctor know you're coming, what's your name?" The lady's said with a soothing smile, noticing the girl in distress.

"Violet Aldon. Thank you." And with that she began walking fast instead of running to find the emergency room, with Louis and Brody following, Sophie and Minerva had to stay back for the second game.

She found the emergency room and a doctor approached her immediately.

"Ms. Adlon?" The doctor spoke.

"yes, is Clementine okay?" she asked frantically.

"she's... Stable for now. But uh, she'll need surgery asap." he said with a sympathetic face.

"why? What happened?" Louis asked from behind Violet.

"she fractured two of her ribs and a lung collapsed. If we don't do surgery soon..." The doctor trailed off.

"SO DO IT!" Violet yelled, a hand came in contact with her shoulder, Louis tried to calm her down.

"... We have doctors on the way right after another surgery. We'll have it done today but after the surgery she will have to be here for about 3 days then she has to be on bed rest for  2 weeks." The Doctor said.

"I'll make sure of that. Sophie and I both will." Brody spoke mainly to reassure Violet but also to the doctor.

"it's gonna be hours until anything happens with her, you can leave and we'll call you whe-"

"I'm not leaving her." Violet interrupted.

"okay, then take a seat and someone will come get you once there's an update."

And the group was alone. Violet turned to Louis and soften her expression.

"Lou, can you call Lee and Carley? They need to know what's happened and they weren't able to come to the games." Violet said and wiped her eyes.

"I'm on it." He walked away pulling out his phone. Brody moved closer to Violet and carefully pulled her into a hug. Violet wasn't really a physical contact person unless it was Clem, but she needed someone right now. Anyone. And she connected to Brody like a magnet and cried into her shoulder.

"shhhh. It's okay. She's gonna be okay. You both will be okay." Brody rubbed her back soothingly.

When they pulled away, Violet wiped her eyes again. She was also never one to cry in front of anyone except for Clem, but she couldn't hold it in. Brody took her by the hand and lead her to a seat and they sat down together. Violet laid her head on Brody's shoulder holding back more tears before slowly drifting off to sleep.

•••7 hours later•••

Brody hasn't left Violets side. Lee and Carley showed up an hour after Vi fell asleep, Minnie and Sophie coming too after winning the final game.

Louis left to get them food a few hours ago, but Violet refused, too nervous to eat anything.

Finally after getting no word what so ever for seven nerve wracking hours, the doctor from earlier comes out of the hallway.

The others could swear Violet had never stood up faster. She actually got light headed.

"Violet?" The doctor asked.

"that's me." Violet took another step to him. "is she okay?"

"she's out of surgery and just woke up. She's asking for you. Only one person can go in at a time." He said. Violet turned to Carley and Lee, silently asking if they wanted to go see her first since... They were her parents. But Lee gave a soft smile and Carley put a hand on her shoulder.

"You should go first. You're the first face she'd wanna see out of us. We'll see her later." Carley said. Vi gave her a smile and a nod before turning back to the doctor.

"where is she?"

"follow me."

•••

Violet entered the room and the sight of her girlfriend shattered her heart. Her eyes were open and she smiled as soon as she saw her, but she couldn't return the smile. Clementine was hooked up to every machine in the book. IV lines coming out of her arms, a blood pump, and a cord going across her face into her nose.

(idk what that's called, don't bash me)

"hey." Clem said, voice cracking and struggling to breath, seeing as she was only really using one lung while the other was healing.

"hey." Violet made her way cautiously to the chair next to the bed. As soon as she sat down, Clem's hand reached out to her. Violet took it into hers and kissed her knuckles, resulting in a small giggle from the brunette.

"...did I catch it?" Clem asked with worry in her eyes. She's sitting here with a recovering collapsed lung and fractured ribs and she's worried about whether she caught the ball or not. The thought made Violet smile a bit at her goofyness.

"You won the game for them, Clem. You caught it." Vi whispered.

"what about the second game? How'd they do? Is Sophie here?" Clem asked worried again.

"yes Clem, they won. Lee, Carley, Louis, Brody, Sophie, and Minerva are all out there waiting to see you." she smiled, but her face quickly dropped. "You had us all scared, Clem. Louis, Brody, and I have been here for nearly 8 hours waiting to hear news. I was so scared you-" Violet cut herself off and her voice cracked and she let a tear fall. Clem reached her hand up and wiped it away and placed her hand on her cheek, Vi cuddling her face into it and smiling again.

"I'm sorry I scared you, but I'm okay. I promise, with all the pain meds it barely even hurts." Clementine reassured.

"well, be ready for all the pampering you can handle. Sophie and Brody promised to keep you in bed and safe and they will bring you food and everything you need. And I will be there a lot too for you."

Clementine giggled again at how protective Violet is. It's one of the reasons she fell so in love with her.

"I wanna go home." Clem whimpered. She always has been afraid of hospitals, it worried Violet.

"I know, baby. You will soon. You'll have to be here for a few more days but I promise, I'm not leaving you." Violet whispered and wiped the sweat off of her girlfriends forehead.

"come here." Clem said, very carefully moving over, giving Violet room to lay next to her, which she does, being cautious of the machines and cords. She laid her head not necessarily on Clem's shoulder, but close. She didn't want to risk hurting her anymore than she is already, and she intertwined their fingers together and slightly giggled at each other.

"you're gonna be okay, Clem."

"you're gonna be okay."

AN
Sorry it took so long to get this out, and I know it's shit. I've had end of year assessments at school to worry about, and a theatre audition (which I made, so yay!)
-Max