Please say yes

Apocalyptic

It had been three weeks since the incident on the Boat, most of the Delta died but few remain, and the few that remain keep coming back for more fights. Ericsons was getting weaker by the day. Everyone was still alive, but food was running short and they were worried to go out because of attacks.

Clementine made sure that Violet stayed safe inside the walls. She practically begged her not to leave, but what she didn't know was that Violet had to find something outside the walls. Something that will show Clem just how much she loves her, and that she wants to spend the rest of their lives together.

A ring. Violet wanted to get Clem a ring. She wanted to marry her. Even though they can never have a real wedding, it was still very important to Vi.

She waited until the middle of the night when everyone was asleep. She snuck out from Clementine's arms and opened the dorm doors, making her way to the gate. Louis was on watch but it was okay because he knew what she was planning and he trusted her enough to go out on her own.

"it's time?" Louis asked, Violet nodded. "be careful. If you get into trouble, yell, I'll hear it from here." Louis helped her open the gate, then watched as his friend walked into the dark forest.

Violet had trouble navigating in the dark, and she didn't have a light. The stars and moon were covered by the trees. She wondered around for what felt like forever, going farther than originally intended. She thought about things like what to say to her, how to explain that she left the walls without her permission. Would she be mad?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a groan from Violets left. Finally, she hoped it was a girl. She walked towards the sound until she could see the Walker. It was a girl. Now she hoped it was a married girl. What are the odds?

She clutched onto her meat cleaver as the Walker was made aware of the blondes presence. The groaning got louder as it approached her. Once she got close enough, she pulled her arm back and jammed the cleaver into the center of its head, then pushed it off with her foot.

She let out a heavy breath she didn't know she was holding and knelt down next to the Walker and looked at its left hand. Sure enough, there was a beautiful ring on the third finger. "perfect.." she whispered to herself. She took her cleaver again and cut off the finger to get the ring easier. It was dirty so she took it down to the river to wash it, careful not to drop it.

Violet smiled and put the ring in her pocket, ready to ask Clem in the morning. She walked back to camp thinking again about how to ask her and preparing a speech. Louis quietly opened the gate and greeted his friend once more.

"You find one?" He asked. Violet reached into her pocket and pulled out the ring for Louis to see. "woah, it's beautiful! She'll love it."

"I hope so." she put it back in her pocket. "I'm just worried she'll say no."

"Vi, she'll say yes. She loves you, I can see it."

"I just hope it's enough." Violet looked down nervously.

"go back to bed, the sun will be rising soon. (hehe) and good luck." Louis said, patting her on the shoulder.

"night." Violet walked back to the dorms and quietly opened the door to her and Clem's room, thankfully Clem was still asleep. She snuck back in bed and wrapped her arms around Clem and fell asleep.

•••

In the morning, due to the lack of sleep, Violet was exhausted. Clementine shifted in her arms before her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at her, making her blush.

"good morning, Beautiful." Violet smiled. Clementine blushed and hid her face in Vi's chest.

"morning." it was muffled but Violet heard it clearly.

"You sleep okay?" Clementine nodded her head, still hidden.

"I need to go on lookout." Clementine pulled away and stood from the bed, instead of protesting, Vi let her go.

"be careful, I love you."

"I love you too." Clementine kissed her quickly before walking outside.

A few hours passed and Violet waited for Clem to not be busy so she can ask her. Finally she saw Clementine sitting at one of the picnic tables not doing anything. This was her chance. She slowly approached her girlfriend nervously.

"hey." she said with her head down.

"hey, Vi." She smiled.

"C-Can I talk to you? Alone?" Violet was shaking but tried to remain calm.

"yeah, is everything okay?" Clem asked standing up.

"yeah, everything's fine, I just need to ask you something privately."

"Oh, okay." Clementine followed her into the dorms before stopping in their room and Violet closed the door. "sooo, what's up?"

"umm.. Okay give me a second.." she took a deep breath. "okay so, you know I love you. More than anything.." Clementine smiled and nodded. "well there's something I want more than anything and... Okay hang on." she took another deep breath. Before turning around to face away from Clem. "I know we're really young and this may be stupid but..." Violet reached into her pocket and pulled out the ring, Clementine trying to see what it is. "Clementine..." she turned around and looked her girlfriend in the eyes before getting down on one knee and watched as Clem's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "w-will you m-marry m-me?" she asked holding up the ring with both fear and hope in her eyes. She saw Clementine pinch herself guessing to make sure it was real.

"oh. My. God." Clementine didn't know what else to say, and that worried Violet.

"is that a yes?" Violet asked. Clementine smiled and bent down to kiss her girlfriend quickly.

"if course it's a yes!" Violet smiled and stood from her knee, sliding the ring onto Clem's left hand ring finger, it fit. Thank god. And they kissed again, both beginning to cry. "I love you so much, Vi."

"I love you too, Clem."

"I do have one question though." Clem said. Violet was sure she was gonna ask if she went outside the walls.

"what is it?"

"what does this make my last name?" Clementine smiled. Violet sighed in relief.

"oh right, I never told you. It's Adlon." (I went by the voice actresses last name so don't attack me.) Violet blushed. Clementine laughed.

"Clementine Adlon... Well better than Violet Marsh." Clementine laughed and hugged Violet again.

Best day ever.

AN
1108 words
I was re watching twd (TV series) and saw that Glenn got a ring off a Walker for Maggie and thought that was cute.
-Max