8 years

Okay, today is a rough day for me. 8 years ago today (March 9, 2011) my bestest friend in the entire world died. And it still hurts me to this day so sorry for all the sad but I thought I'd write this to match. Age changes : louis is 24, (was 16 and had his license 8 years ago) vi is 22(was 14 8 years ago)

"it's been eight years, Clem. I still miss you... More than anything. I miss when we would have pool parties at my grandma's and sleep overs at mine... I miss seeing you at your softball games and always running up and hugging each other even though we saw each other  the day before." Violet let out a small chuckle as a few tears began to fall, looking down at the stone in the ground before sitting and placing her hand on a lump of grass, and all the memories of their childhood come back.

"I miss when you would sing to me or tell jokes when I was upset. I always loved that... That you knew when to be serious and when to joke without me telling you." more tears fell and she played with the grass lightly.

"You know I blamed Louis for the longest time... If he would have just been careful... He knew there was ice on the road and... Fuck. I don't know who to blame anymore..." she let her anger fade before speaking again.

"You guys were coming to my birthday party... You were almost here... I was so excited to see you, I waited by the door forever before... Before my mom got a call. She came in and told me you were gone... You weren't coming to my party, nor any other party. No more softball games, no more pool parties, no more sleep overs, no more hearing your voice sing to me. It only took one second to delete all of that. One. Second." she took a long pause.

"Louis gave up on driving for a long long time. He didn't drive for four years and finally, finally we got him back out there, and he is a lot more careful now." she eventually laid down not caring about dirt and carefully laid her head and arm on the grass.

"I come here really often which you may know if you can hear me somewhere. I come here on new year's, today, your birthday, and every single holiday I make time to come spend it with you... And I will continue to do that for as long as I live. You will never leave my heart Clementine. You're stuck there and it hurts me, but I don't want to forget you, and I probably never will. You touched my life like no one else ever could. I've never let anyone and I won't let anyone get as close to me as you were, because you are irreplaceable." Violet sat back up, knowing that Louis is probably wanting to leave soon.

"I have to go now. But I'll see you on the 29th. I promise. I love you Clementine. And I miss you so much. And my one wish is that you're proud of me." Violet sat there a little longer, wiping her tears are sniffling before finally standing up and walking away. It was a continuous cycle every holiday. But it was worth it.

AN
559 words.
Sorry for the sad but I needed to get this out. This is my real life.
-Max