Nightmare

Violets POV

"and that feels like a good place to call it." Louis said before collecting all his cards.

"we should all turn in anyway, it's getting late." Violet said before placing her hand on her girlfriend (Clementine's) leg. She stood up and walked towards the dorms, Clementine stood and followed after saying goodnight.

"Clem! I'm staying with Tenn tonight." AJ says, stopping her.

"okay, goodnight buddy, come find me in the morning and we can go hunting." She replied.

"I will!"

Clementine kept going to meet Violet in the dorm. She walked in the door but stopped in the doorway seeing Violet taking off her jacket, then one shirt under that, leaving the other black undershirt on. Clementine blushed is embarrassment when Violet caught her watching.

"come here." Violet said laughing. Clementine walked all the way in and into her girlfriends arms into a hug.

"I love you." Violet said.

"I love you too." Clementine said back.

When they pulled away, Clementine took off her Jean jacket, then the hoodie under that while Violet got the sheets ready for them, and got in.

She held her arms out like a 5 year old wanting to be picked up. Clementine giggled before climbing into the bed next to her as a little spoon. (because YES) Violet wrapped her arms around Clem's waist, one of her hands running down Clem's arm and interlocking their fingers before drifting off to sleep.

•2 hours later•

Clementine shifted in her sleep, and squeezed her eyes shut.

Her shifting woke Violet up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at her girlfriend next to her who was now crying and repeating "no." and "don't." she was having another nightmare.

"Clem... Clem baby." Violet soothed, trying to wake her up. Her shifting got more Intense, and her voice got louder, so Violet put her hand on her shoulder and gently shook her. "Clementine, wake up, it's okay, baby." she shook her once a bit harder than the last and Clementine shot up on her elbows.

"NO!" She shouted. tears streaming down her face, and her breathing heavy.

"hey, it's okay. It's just a dream."

Clementine turned to look at Violet, and once she did, she immediately wrapped her arms around her in a bone crushing hug and cried into her shoulder.

"it's okay, Clem. I'm here. I got you." Violet soothed. If anyone could bring out her soft side, it was Clementine, especially when she was upset.

Once Clementine calmed down, Violet pulled away and looked her in the eyes. "was it at the ranch?" Clementine shook her head. Weird, usually it was always the ranch.

"y-you got taken... By the Raiders... And.. The-they... They killed you. They killed you in front of me and I couldn't do anything. About it" she started crying again, so Violet pulled her back down into a hug but laying down this time.

"it's okay, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I promise baby, I'm right here." She soothed her and rubbed her back gently and Clementine clang onto Violets shirt like her life depended on it.

"please don't leave me." Clem said crying into her shirt.

"I won't."

AN
536 words
Awwwwww
-Max