9/11/01

Trigger warning.

8:35 AM

24 year old Violet slid her stack of papers from in front of her, to the side so she could pull the keyboard down and finish typing an email to her boss.

She had worked in the North tower of the World Trade Center for almost two weeks now and already had so much work to do so early in the morning, but she couldn't miss the opportunity to have such a high paying job for her and Clementine.

Clementine. She's married to Clementine.

Violet got zoned out thinking about her for a solid five minutes and when she snapped back into reality, she found herself looking out the large window in the office her and a few others worked in. It was an extremely clear day and she had no doubt in her mind that Clementine was taking a walk around their neighborhood.

Her office was on floor 74 of the building so she had a really beautiful view of the city.

Once she got out of her trance, she began typing again, looking at the clock and realized she spent ten minutes zoned out thinking about her beautiful wife and the gorgeous view outside her window.

Not even after a Minute she zoned out again. The girl swore she had ADHD, and Clementine caused it. She chuckled at the thought before her small smile turned into pure fear and confusion.

8:46 AM
The entire building shook and rattled and papers shifted off of desks and fellow workers looked around confused.

"The hell was that?" Violet asked, standing from her desk and turning to her workers who did the same thing. As if right on cue, another worker ran into their doorway and VERY briefly explained what was happening.

"THE BUILDINGS ON FIRE!"

Immediately the hallway filled with panicked workers and people trying to look for help, a few dialing on their phones.

Violet being Violet, she got everyone else out of that office before her, and by that point she could feel the Heat radiating from above her. She left the office last, making sure to bring her phone in case she needed to call Clementine, or if Clementine called her.

The hallway began to fill with black smoke, but that didn't stop Violet, she very quickly checked every office to make sure no one was left in here. "is anyone else in here?!" she called out before listening for an answer, she never got one, which she took as a good sign. That means people were getting out. Then she followed the crowd down the hallway towards the stair case.

There was so many people, and she was on the 74th floor. The traffic of people was stopped and the room was filling with smoke fast.

She knew she probably wasn't going to make it out.

She pulled out her phone and clicked on the all so familiar contact name, and hit call.

•••

8:50 AM
Clementine rested on her couch after going on a run in the beautiful New York sunshine. Her bottle of water and phone sat next to her.

She closed her eyes, resting them for a second, taking in the silence in her living room before her phone rang.

She took a deep breath and opened her eyes. She picked up her phone and saw who was calling and her heart fluttered and she smiled as she hit the answer button.

"hey baby. What's up?" she said as she placed her phone against her ear.

"Clementine, Where are you?!" Violet asked, she first wanted to know if Clem was safe before telling her anything else.