Internet friends

Non apocalyptic

Violet met Clementine over Instagram about 3 years ago, and has had a massive crush on her for about 2, and it didn't seem like it was going away.

About a year into the crush, she told Clementine about it and it went really well, they didn't get together because Violet has separation anxiety and Clementine didn't want to put her through that.

A few nights ago, Violet received a letter from Clementine. She called her on facetime to read it.

"heyyyy." Clementine said, sitting on het couch.

"look what I finally got from you!" Violet held up the letter and Clementine gasped.

"have you read it yet?" She asked.

"No, I wanted to read it while on call with you." Violet smiled.

"well read it!!" Clementine yelled.

"okay okay, calm down." Violet opened the letter and unfolded the paper and began to read. "Viiiiii! This is my first letter to you so I'm kinda stoked! Anyway I will be in Illinois and Michigan to see some friends aaand... I'LL BE COMING TO SEE YOU TOO! In June or earlier! Soooo excited! Anyway, I love you!!!!" Violet read out loud. And her eyes widened at the fact that she will meet her in real life in 5 months. "holy shit! Really?!"

"yeah! Lee said that if I raise up all the money on my own, then I can, and I have! I have nearly $4,000 for plane tickets, food, and gas!" Clementine said excited.

"howd you raise that much?" Violet asked shocked.

"I've actually been saving for a year for this, and with my job, and working in Carly's yard, I've raised up enough. I'm so excited!!!" Clementine yelled.

"Me too!!!!" Violet said, fangirling.

•4 months later•
•May 14, 2019•

Clementine and Violet talked every day like they always do, but the last few days Clem's been distant and Violet had no idea why. She stopped answering her calls and preferred to text. And turned off her location on Snapchat maps. Of course she didn't put these things together to realize what was happening, it just resulted in her having a few anxiety attacks.

She was at school on a Friday. 7th period. The last class of the day. The bell rings in 5 Minutes. She had a rough week at school and was just ready to get home.

Violet was talking to Brody and Louis about what happened a that week, school related and the bell finally rang. She was the first one out the door as usual.

She had a bit of a walk to get to the bus. Man she couldn't wait to get her license this summer.

She finally made it to the bus and sat in the seat she always sits in, and puts her ear buds in, listening to her playlist of a mix of NF and Billie Eilish.

The bus ride took about as long as usual. From 2:50 to 3:15. Finally the bus turned the corner to get to her house, but an unfamiliar car was in her driveway. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion but the closer the bus got to her house, the more she could see, a person waiting in her front yard, surrounded by her family.

Clementine. She was early. That's why she hasn't been calling me. And turned off her location. Violet mentally slapped herself for not putting that together.

"Oh my god." she whispered under her breath as she saw Clementine smiling at the bus.

As soon as the bus stopped, Violet made her way quickly down the Isle and off the bus, impatiently waited for the drivers signal to cross the street, then dropped her book bag and ran to Clementine as fast as she could with Clem running back with the same speed and they ran into each other in a bone crushing hug before they both fell on the grass in the yard, Clementine giggling and Violet crying.

"surprise." Clementine whispered to Violet, who was on top of her, not letting go.

Eventually she did and let Clem sit up before hugging her again.

Then Violet realized. She hated the wait to see her, But the moment she was in her arms...

It felt like she had been there the whole time.

AN
712 words
Y'all. My internet best friend inspired this. She sent me a letter saying she's coming to see me in May/June!!! Yay!
-Max