Bed rest

Based off of a scene from agents of shield that I thought was Cute.

•••

Clementine awoke from another slumber and winced when she tried to shift her leg to be more comfortable.

She was so sick of being stuck in that dorm room surrounded by medicine and feeling useless. She desperately wanted to get up and move around somehow, but Violet wouldn't let her due to Ruby's orders. Bed rest for one more week to be safe. She was already on bed rest for two weeks and was feeling better.

Violet usually left Clem alone, unless she tries to get up. Then she appears out of no where and puts her back in the bed.

It was quite frustrating to the brunette.

She looked around the room, then turned her head to the window, and saw no sign of Violet, but caught a glimpse of her crutches that Louis had made for her. Maybe this was her chance.

Stubborn Clem at it again.

She takes a deep breath before sitting up on her elbows and pushing the covers off her. She swings her right leg over the edge of the bed and scootches to where she's finally sitting up, and reaches for her crutches. She uses them as a spot to help her stand up, but as soon as she tries, the door opens.

"No!" Violet says and comes in closer.

"dammit. Every time." Clementine whispers to the side so Violet couldn't hear her but then turns to her. "it's like you have a sensor for whenever my butt lifts off the bed." she sees Violet rummaging through the medicine.

"back in it." She commands.

"but I just wanted to stretch my-"

"now." she says with a little bit more demand in her eyes as she turns back to face Clem.

"look!" Clementine taps her cheek. "there's color in my face. Breathing without feeling like-" she scrunches her nose in pain as Violet helped her lay back down and under the covers again. "-feeling like my whole body is on fire. I'm fine." Clem finishes and Violet chuckles.

"'fine' is not the right word to describe your medical state. You got your leg cut open with an axe, got bit on the same leg and then had it hacked off and bled out the whole way back here. 'better' is the more accurate word." Violet explained and Clementine smiled at her protectiveness. Then she spotted something in Vi's hand. Violet noticed her staring and decided to speak up. "Ruby needs a blood sample to make sure the virus is completely out of you. It's been two weeks, but she's paranoid. Don't worry, she taught me how to." she holds up the syringe.

"I've lost enough blood already. I'm not gonna have anything left." she joked, and then decided to flirt, just to mess with her girlfriend. "not sure how I feel about Doctor Violet. She's so strict." she was almost cut off by the syringe being poked in her arm, Clem out a small whine. "and pokey."

"well Patient Clem is rebellious. And stubborn." Violet takes out the shot and Clementine smiles up at her.

"... And grateful... I hope you know that." Violet made eye contact with her and smiles back.

"I didn't do it alone."

"still. I'm the most gratefull-est-est patient ever." Clementine says and Violet cringes before going back to the medicine bag.

"that's not a word." Violet smiles.

Then there was another knock on the door. Louis.

"hey, this a bad time?" he says, taking small steps closer. Clem slowly sits up again.

"it is if you're here to bust me out. Doctor has extended house arrest." Clementine said, mocking Violet.

"awful... I'm gonna take this to Ruby. Don't let her out of bed." Violet chuckles and walks out, leaving Louis and Clem to talk.

"ugh, I must look terrible.. Violet wouldn't even bring me a mirror." Clementine chuckles and covers her face.

"I've seen worse." Louis crosses his arms.

"wow.. Thanks." Clementine says fake offended.

"No, I mean.. You look better than when you were dying." Louis tries to save it.

"swinging and a-missing, Lou." Clem says under her breath, giggling. Louis takes a breath and smiles.

"it's great to see you... Better." Louis says, but suddenly Clem's face went serious.

"it was so stupid to take AJ with me when we got off the boat. He should have been with you guys." she avoids eye contact.

"hey, there's no point in doing that now. Thanks to you, Violets alive. I don't know what would have happened if she hadn't found you and ran into Minerva alone." Louis explained.

"thank AJ for that. We lost Tenn. she told you everything?" Clem asked kinda not surprised.

"yeah." Louis lowered his head. "we never should have split up. Vi and I should have stayed with you while everyone else went back home."

"then one of you would have gotten killed, If not me."

"You don't know that."

The room grew silent.

"once Ruby and Violet give the all clear I wanna go back out and start training how to fight without a leg." Clem explains.

"we'll ease you back into it."

"No, I want to train harder. I don't want to rely on losing a limb to save me again." Clem said seriously and Louis nodded.

It was gonna be a long week.

AN
Im back and doing better, today is my birthday so I decided to hop back on and throw this out for you guys ❤️
-Max