Storm

Non apocalyptic

The Thunder was loud and the lightning was bright as Clementine tried to sleep. She was asleep for a while but was quickly woken up again by a loud boom of thunder.

She pulled the pillow over her ears and tried to fall back asleep, and sadly couldn't. She was woken again, but not by Thunder, but by soft whimpers next to her.

She turned over to see her girlfriend Violet, her back to me, clinging onto sheets and lightly crying like she was terrified, and every time it thundered, she'd jump and pull the sheets closer.

"Vi?" I whisper. She ignores. I carefully place my hand on her shoulder and she jumps again. "Violet. Are you okay?"

Violet shook her head and the lightning got brighter and she pulled the covers even tighter if that was even possible.

"Vi, are you scared?" I asked concerned. She hesitated before nodding her head.

"I fucking hate storms." she said sniffling. I turn her around and pull her to my chest.

"it's okay. Shhh. I got you."

"I'm acting like a child. I'm sorry." she clung her hands to my shirt and hid her face out of embarrassment.

"Violet there's nothing wrong with being afraid of storms. It's totally okay. I'm here to help you." I calm her.

"don't tell Louis that I'm afraid of storms. He'll definitely make fun of me." She said.

"I won't." I chuckled.

The rest of the night they laid there in each other's arms and Clementine comforted Violet whenever she got scared.

And the next day was the most beautiful day they've seen in a long time.

An
273 words
Sorry this is short, I needed something to post
-Max