Chapter 10

Calum’s P.O.V.

We ran upstairs to find the colorful, candy-filled, childhood dream under one roof and we were not disappointed.  “Fuck yeah!” Michael yelled into the not quite empty room.  Ashton and I covered his mouth and Michael, realizing what he said, widened his eyes and covered his mouth as well.  Let’s just say that the three of us received vicious glares from parents.  We even heard one kid ask his mum, “Mommy? What’s a fu—“ only to be shushed by her and told that she would tell him when he was older.  She shook her head in disapproval at Mike as we tried to hold in our laughter at least until they passed us.  

“Hey where are Luke and Sage?” Ashton started to crane his neck to look for them.

Mike just shrugged. “Don’t know. Weren’t they right behind us before?  Oh well, more for us.”

I started cracking up as Mike started filling up a bag with every color M&M he could find as I yelled, “Noooo! Blue is my color! Stop eating all of them!” he started to laugh darkly and added more blue ones to his bag as he watched me the whole time.  THAT DICK!

“Oh it’s on bro.  It’s on. There’s gonna be more colors in my bag then there are in your hair.” I said as i grabbed a bag and tried to fill it up with as many colors as possible as fast as possible.

“Shit. Ash! grab another bag for me, quick quick! Hurry! I’m losing, Ash!” Michael started to frantically search for Ash while simultaneously filling up his bag. Ash was still looking around for Sage and Luke, but turned around when Mike called his name.  He grinned mischievously and started to grab the plastic striped bags out of every slot so we couldn’t grab them.  Then, he ran away from us to hide in the store somewhere while we were shouting and chasing after him.

“ASHTON!!!! COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BUTT NUGGET!!!” I called as I chased after him laughing.

“WE NEED THE BAGS, MAN! I NEED TO WIN!!!!” Mike called after him as he searched the rack of tee shirts in search of Ash.

Suddenly, Sage flew up the stairs shrieking, “NO NO NO NO!” I was confused at first until I saw Luke closing in behind her with his arms outstretched to tickle her sides.  I stopped and stared to look at how cute they already were.  Would make a cute couple.

I frowned a bit as I thought about the age difference between the two of them, but I shrugged.  It’s only like 2 years, Cal.  Calm down. 

Luke caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her up effortlessly while she squirmed and laughed heartily, her hair a tangled mess.  They still haven’t noticed me.

I walked behind Luke and tapped him on the shoulder as I said in my deepest professional voice, “Excuse me, sir.  I’m going to have to ask you to put her down and come with me.” Luke and Sage froze and slowly turned around with Luke’s arms wrapped around Sage’s middle and her dangling a few feet off the ground.  When they turned and saw it was me, their fear instantly melted and they breathed out a sigh of relief.  Luke still didn’t put Sage down still and swung her from side to side as she just hung there limply, looking adorably annoyed with the situation.

I had to laugh at her as I grinned and pinched her soft, little cheeks and babbled and cooed in my baby voice.  She reached out her arms to slap at me, but I jumped away swiftly. 

“Woah there! Sage is feisty!  I’m not gonna mess with you!” I said in mock fear as I backed away with my hands up in surrender. “But…I could use your help in finding a certain curly-haired drummer who hold the keys to my success in beating Mike.” I pouted my bottom lip and made puppy-dog eyes at her and she scrunched her lips in laughter as she stared at my please face.

“Fineeee.” she said to me as she turned back to Luke and said, “now PUT ME DOWN!” He just looked up to the ceiling in thought and stated, “I don’t think that I will now that you mention it.”

She raised an eyebrow at him in a challenge, “Really? If you don’t I’m gonna start screaming and then everyone will think you’re trying to kidnap me…wouldn’t want that would you?” she batted her eyelashes innocently.

Luke just scoffed at her. “You wouldn’t do that. That would require attention on you…wouldn’t want that would you?”

Her smug smile faded and she muttered, “Damn it.” under her breath.  Luke and I laughed at her scrunched eyebrows as she tried to find a way to get down.  She was still planning an escape when we went to look for Ash.  Luke was still carrying Sage, and Michael calling for justice around the store for filthy cheaters like Ash and I.  Whatever.

 I saw Luke as he looked down to Sage nestled in his arms and I already felt the new ties between them growing into something more.  This girl already had him wrapped around her finger…and that thought actually excited me.