Chapter 32

Luke’s P.O.V.

It had been a few days since that night, but the feeling to devotion and infatuation didn’t die down in the slightest.  Every time she moved, I was enraptured with her.  The guys all laughed and rolled their eyes at me, but I honestly didn’t care.  This whole fame thing could come crashing down today if it wanted too, and I wouldn’t care.  As long as I had my daisy with me, nothing bad could ever worry me.

Dee and I were alone in the kitchen.  She was sitting on the counter and I had my arms on either side of her, my hands resting on top of hers and fiddling with her fingers.  The two of us had been inseparable these past few days.  Even more so than usual.  I always had to have some sort of contact with her as well.  Like I needed proof that what we felt for each other wasn’t just a dream and I wasn’t going to wake up one day without her in my life.

Now that I had a taste of what life was like with Dee, I didn’t know how I could ever return to the old way.  I never wanted to.

We talked a lot.  We talked about our past, memories, anything, and I felt like I was experiencing her life again with her.  I learned how she’s afraid of the dark, how she used to sleep with a plush fish when she was little, how her room is full of books and colorful posters and trinkets, what songs her mum used to sing her to sleep every night, the broken bird that she and her father mended and set free again, the things she drew on Elliot’s cast when he broke his arm playing lacrosse, how she and Leah would have Sundays devoted to staying in their PJ’s all day and baking cookies, how she taught Elliot how to crotchet to impress a girl (it worked), and how she went to get a glass of water one night in the kitchen and saw Leah crying over her picture.

I told her about my life back in Australia, my old friends and the crazy parties I went to occasionally, this one teacher in year 11 that always commented on my hair, how I first learned to play the guitar, my love for penguins, my first cover on YouTube, and I talk in my sleep.

With every word, I fell deeper and deeper in love with her.  Her past made her the person she was.  

“And this one time—“ she was laughing and making gestures with her hands in the air when Cal walked into the kitchen and knocked on the wall with his knuckles.  I was leaning on the table with my chin on my fist listening to her every word.  

“Time to go, lovebirds.” I nodded at him and helped her down from the counter.  Pointing to my cheek first, earning my a lingering kiss there.  

I bent down and kissed the top of her head smiling.  She had no idea how much I adored her.  “Let’s go, Dee.”

——————————————————————————————————————————

My phone chimed with a direct message from Twitter. I unlocked my phone and opened it, my right hand still tightly clasped Dee’s.

It was from Callie.

see you tonight lukey ;) if i see that little whore anywhere near you, then that balloon stunt is going to seem like a child’s prank.  there’s more rocks where that came from.  just remember what i’m capable of. xxx.