Chapter 24

Luke’s P.O.V. 

I woke up facedown on the couch.  I shifted around uncomfortable, and felt underneath me, trying to see if there was the remote there me or something.  My hand jerked back as I met a shoulder blade.   

I looked down, alarmed, and relaxed immediately as I saw Sage there.  Wait…Sage?  Why is she under me?  Fuck! I’m squishing her! 

I carefully rolled off of her, trying not to wake her and just ended up flopping on the ground.  Jesus! That kinda hurt. I was still half asleep, my vision still cloudy, as I rubbed my eyes and sat up, resting my elbows on my knees and turning my head to look at Sage.

I started when I saw that she was fully awake and giggling quietly, so she didn’t wake up the other band members that were sprawled out in various positions on the floor.  

Mike was lying on his stomach with Cal’s head resting on his back, both wrapped in blankets and snoring loudly.  Ash was curled up half on the couch and half on Sage’s legs, snuggled up and mumbling to himself quietly.

They weren’t getting up anytime soon.

Sage was still giggling as I turned back to her and she whispered, “I was wondering how long I was going to have to stay like that.” I smiled back at her, feeling a little bad that she had to be crushed by both me and Ash, who was currently sleep-talking to Sage’s calf.

Stretching her arms out, she tried to move her legs and frowned when she realized that she wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

I had to cover my mouth not to burst out laughing as she carefully tried to move her legs out from under Ash inch by inch.  He stirred and she froze, but he just flipped around and she was able to free herself.  

She breathed out a sigh and stood up, wobbling on her feet.  She was trying so hard not to burst out laughing and when I gave her a quizzical look, she mouthed, “My feet are asleep.”  I grinned back at her and led a path for us to get out of the minefield of sleeping band members.

They usually weren’t too happy being woken up before 11 a.m., but since Sage joined us, they were all bright and cheery in the mornings. Most of the time…

Sage accidentally stepped on Cal’s hand, making him shift suddenly and grab her ankle.  She was panicking and looking to me as I was doubled over trying not to burst out laughing.

Calum mumbled to her, “Mali, what are you doing?”  Sage was holding up her hands and silently asking me, “What do I do?”  I scrunched up my face in thought and formed my hand into a fist and putting it up to my mouth, indicating her to sing.

She looked horrified at me and whisper-yelled back at me, “You want me to eat him?” My face was turning bright red with contained laughter by that time and I whispered back at her, “No, Sage! You’re so weird! Sing!”

Her lips formed an “o” as she understood what she was trying to say and shook her head at me and pursed her lips, mumbling, “Eat people…”