Chapter 27

Luke’s P.O.V.

During the next few days, the phones got more aggressive and spiteful towards Dee.  Not all of them, but enough to cause some trouble for us.  No matter how hard the guys and I tried to keep away the negative comments and tweets that the fans were slinging at her, we couldn’t protect her forever.  I had no idea how this hate for her started or who started it, but it was ticking me and the rest of the guys off.

She, on the other hand, seemed unaffected by it, and stayed calm even when the fans at the meet and greet spat at her and called her hurtful names viscously.

I never understood the power of manipulation until the moment when I was looking through my DM’s one day.  

That was the day when one of the fans took the hate to a whole new level and ducked under the security guard’s arms, ran straight over to Sage, and pushed her down.  She wasn’t expecting it and fell straight onto her butt.  I was at her side immediately as security shoved the fan away and I puled her up, asking her if she was alright.  She nodded, looking more shocked than hurt.  I knew what she was feeling.  Jealousy was a powerful thing.  

One of the messages caught my eye.  @Luke5SOS your little wedding singer is gonna get it.  you think it’s bad now? see you tonight lukey. x.   My eyes widened.  The only other person who could know would be…I looked to who posted the message.  

Callie.

——————————————————————————————————————————

We were on our way to the arena and I was on guard.  I didn’t talk for most of the ride, and when Sage knocked her knee against mine to ask what was wrong, I kept my head facing away from her, moved my leg away, and pressed against the door.  I felt terrible, but I had to be on guard for Callie.  I knew something was going to happen.  I had to protect Sage by acting uninterested at her.  

Her phone chimed with the tweets and my head whipped towards the direction of the noise.  

She reluctantly unlocked her phone and scrolled through the messages.

@x5sosbabex:  @sagey you’re a slut and you aren’t good enough to be here  #fuckyousage

@lukeismiiinne:  @sagey just leave, you’re not needed and i hope you kill yourself before someone else does #gocutyourself

@sageisabitch:  @sagey you are ugly and fat.  just do the world a favor and kill yourself  #fatass

@incalumspants:  @sagey i feel sorry for @5sos bc they have to look at your ugly ass face every day

My hands inadvertently clenched into fists and as I looked up to the other guys who were looking over at her phone, I could see that they had similar reactions of anger.

We were furiously protective over Dee and would not let anything hurt her.  But, we couldn’t control this.