Chapter 16

Luke’s P.O.V.

I went in to take a shower after Sage said goodnight and gave hugs to the rest of the guys and left the room to got to bed. I could still smell the coconut shampoo that she used.  Seeing her stuff jumbled in with the rest of ours made me smile.  I liked them there because it was almost as if I needed proof that she was here and real.

Quickly washing up, I basically flew to the guys to tell them goodnight—somehow, Calum managed to plant a kiss on my cheek—and sprinted back to where Sage was now peacefully sleeping.

Flying into the bed underneath her’s I smiled to myself as I remembered when she was struggling to make it up onto the bed.  I looked back to the ceiling.  Wait…how did she get up there now?  I turned my head to the side and saw the bar stool from the kitchen leaning against the wooden panel of the bunk beds.  I covered my mouth to try to not laugh out loud at that.

I stopped moving to listen when I heard Sage mumbling to herself in her sleep.  I mentally “awww’d” at how cute she was and turned to listened again.  

Sage shifted on the bed and mumbled something again.  Since her voice was muffled by a pillow, all I heard was “Help mmmph—“  I was worried for her because she sounded like she was in trouble.  Should I talk to her? Would that be weird? Would she even answer back?

What the hell, just do it.  

Before I could talk though I heard her mumble something that sounded a lot like my name and i froze listening carefully in case she said it again.  When I heard her mumble again, I clearly heard her say, “Luke…”

My eyes widened as I felt a rush of excitement go through me.  She was dreaming about me?

“Sagey? You okay sweetheart?” I couldn’t help but feel a pang of sympathy in my chest for Sage and anger towards anyone or anything that was causing her distress.  Jesus. She had me wrapped around her finger.

“I had a bad dream.” she said in a small voice.  

My heart instantly softened as I climbed up to her bunk and laid next to her.  She flipped around to face me and I tucked her head into the crook of my neck.  He warm breath tickled.  Our legs were tangled together and our chests were flush against each other’s.  I hoped she didn’t feel how embarrassingly fast my heart was racing. 

I felt her breathing even out and reached down to entwine our fingers together.  When I felt her small hand clutch tighten around mine, I slowly brought our hands to my mouth and kissed hers.