Chapter 15

Ashton’s P.O.V

Cal, Mike, and I were sitting in the lounge room watching a movie while Luke and Sage were off doing whatever thy were doing.  I haven’t seen them for a while, but Luke was a good guy and Sage was a sweetheart, they would be fine.  

This as our first time on the tour bus without Liz Hemmings so I was worried that something would feel missing, but Sage’s presence was just as comforting and loving, maybe even more so.

As much as I liked the idea of Luke and Sage together, I think that the first time touring would be overwhelming for Sage—as it was for the four of us—and she needed to take in one thing at a time.  A relationship would add on extra stress that she didn’t need right now.  My brotherly instincts were kicking in and I felt the need to protect Sage from anything, like I promised Leah.

I looked to the two others and saw in their eyes that they were just as protective over Sage as I was and I smiled at how this one girl could bring so much laughter and happiness into our lives in such a short amount of time.

Somehow, in this span of a few short days, Sage has managed to obtain our hearts, she had us all in the palm of her hand, which I didn’t think she knew yet.  She already felt like a sister to the band—except to Luke…I chuckled to myself.    

If Sage’s undeniably likable personality could get us to like her thins much in such a short amount of time, then she should have absolutely no problem stealing the hearts of the rest of the world.

Snapped out of my thoughts, an oblivious Sage shuffled into the room followed closely by a very awkward and uncomfortable looking Luke who was looking down at his shoes with his hands clasped in front of him.  Oh no…what happened.  I felt myself getting angry. If anything happened, I swear…

I opened my mouth to ask what had happened, but Luke looked up at me and minutely shook his head at me.  I nodded and gave him a look that said “you are so telling me later” and he nodded uncomfortably.

Sage plopped on the couch seat next to me and breathed out a relieved sigh.  Luke was close on her heels as he plopped down next to her, a little closer than friends would have been.  He was watching Sage’s reaction very closely, but she didn’t seem to notice.  When Luke carefully placed his arm on the back of the couch, she snuggled her head into the place between his shoulder and side.

Luke looked away biting his lip and trying hard not to smile, and I could tell from here that he looked almost relieved, curiosity bubbled in me and it was a struggle to be patient and ask Luke about it later.  

When I couldn’t hold in my curiosity much longer, I saw Sage slowly falling asleep on Luke’s shoulder, putting my hand on her thigh to shake her awake, her eyes fluttered open and I said to her, “Sage, you look tired.  Go take a shower and get some rest.  We’ll go to sleep as soon as your done.”  After not seeing my brother or my sister for a few months, it felt nice to take care of someone and look out for them.

Sage nodded sleepily and yawned covering her mouth with the back of her hand.  She stood up and walked towards the sleeping area to get her shower supplies.  The bus braking suddenly, she fell into a wall and started laughing hysterically.  Seeing that she wasn’t hurt, we started to laugh hysterically too and asks her if she was oaky.