Chapter 31

Luke’s P.O.V.

After about 20 minutes, my legs started cramping up from crouching behind the crates, so we decided to go listen through the door to see what was going on. 

“You hear anything?” Cal asked with his ear pressed against the door.  Mike looked up at me and said, “I hear…laughter? What about you?”  I raised an eyebrow and nodded.  We opened the door a crack and saw that something hilarious.

Ash and Dee had set up a mini baseball field out of pillows.  Dee was throwing pillows at Ash which he tried to hit with the plastic baseball bat that they had found somewhere.  They were both red-faced from laughing so hard and Ash could barely hit the pillows without doubling over and laughing.  

Seeing that he was in a better mood, Cal, Mike, and I opened the door wider and they froze mid-laugh.  

“You guys are such Nancy Drew snoops.” Ash said and giggled.  He was never like this until the next morning if that.  How did she do it?

I looked to Sage who was staring at me and I shook my head in wonder.  She never ceased to amaze me.  

I walked over to Dee and wrapped my arms around her from behind, resting my chin on the top of her head.  Her eyes glanced up to me and she smirked a little.  She still smelt faintly of paint, but I inhaled and I could still smell her familiar coconut smell.   She also smelt like something else, I couldn’t put my finger on it, but it was unmistakably Sage.  

The both of us looked over to where Mike was beating Cal, who was rolling around on the floor, with a pillow and Ash was hitting him with the plastic bat.  

I could feel her giggling slightly as she leaned back into my chest.  It felt right like this.  Even though she was so much smaller than me, it felt like we were built to fit together.

——————————————————————————————————————————

By the time we were back on the bus, Dee had figured out where we had hidden her phone and it was once again constantly lighting up with Twitter notifications.

Surprisingly, there was a significant drop in the amount of negative tweets.  They were still there though.

@bananas4lifee: she probably deserved the balloon thing. i heard she was a bitch to one of the fans

@carinaaa: no she wasn’t! get off her back! sage is an extremely nice and genuine person. she was more of a friend to me than anyone i had ever met.

@kathleensimmons: @carinaaa you don’t know what you’re talking about bitch. get off this page. i bet she’s just in there to sleep with the band.  did you see the way she was looking at luke during beside you?

@ihateevereything: i heard that the reason that she wears long-sleeves and baggy clothes all the time is because she cuts and she’s trying to hide the scars and fat folds