Chapter 12

Luke’s P.O.V.

As I was staring at her, I noticed that her breathing had evened out. She fell asleep. I rolled my eyes at her in adoration and covered her with the blanket before I closed the door quietly and joined the rest of the guys who were in the living room watching a muted movie and talking to each other softly.

They all looked up at me when I turned back around from closing the door.  As I looked at each of their faces, I frowned and asked, “What? Why are you guys all staring at me? Aww dammit…do I have another spot on my face?”  Jesus. I hate hormones. I ran to the bathroom to check and seeing nothing, breathed a sigh of relief, and walked back slowly. 

They chuckled at me and shook their heads no.  I gave them a strange look and Calum patted the cushion between him and Mike, indicating that he wanted me to sit next to him.  

I obliged and asked again after I was comfy and cocked my head in confusion, “Why are you guys looking at me like that then?”  

Mike scrunched up his face and smiled mischievously, as he lilted, “You like her..”  

I blushed as Cal and Ash raised their eyebrows and grinned expectantly. My hand reached back to rub the back of my neck and I bit my lip nervously.

Calum gasped and put his hands up to his mouth in mock surprise.  “He so does. Look at him! He’s nervous…aww that’s adowable! Does Lukey have a cwush on Sagey-poo?” he said in his baby voice as he pinched my cheeks and shook my head back and forth.     

“Lukey pukey sukey mukey—“ he was cut off as I smacked his hands away and smiled.  Mike snapped his fingers in front of my face to get my attention and nudged my shoulder, “Back to the point!”

Ashton looked down at his shoes and looked concerned.  I scrunched my brows at him and asked him what was wrong.  

He shook his head and twisted his lips, then decided to tell us and turned to face us with his eyes still on the ground.  

When he was facing us, his eyes darted up to meet with each of ours.  We waited for him to speak patiently.  Well, Cal and I were patient, while Mike was tapping his foot on the carpet and making a “go on” motion with his finger. 

Ash bit his lip and Cal wrapped his arm around his shoulder in comfort as I reached over and put my hand on his arm.  

Ashton sighed and looked grim and reluctant to tell us.  Finally, rubbed his hands on his thighs nervously and said, “When we were about to leave Leah’s building, I pulled her aside to talk to her, remember?”  We all nodded our heads in unison and gave each other confused looks as to where he was going with this.

He pursed his lips and nodded his head and continued, “Well, when I went to go talk to her, she said that Sage…Sage has gone through some rough things in her life and I thought you guys should know about it.” 

——————————————————————————————————————————