18.

Night had fallen once again as the three of them sat under the waterfall by the portal. Jimin had tear stained cheeks as he had his head resting against Taehyung's shoulder who was doing his best to comfort the poor elf.
There was nothing they could really do though.

He'd been banished. Thrown out on the street like an unwanted pet and left on his own to fend for himself. Jimin was thanking all the gods right now that he met Taehyung and Jungkook now. But deep down he knew it was still unfair.

"Okay, I-I need to go for a walk" Jungkook sighed as he got up from his spot next to them.
"I won't go far and I'll be back soon" Jungkook let them know as Taehyung nodded at him, Jungkook sighing as he walked off.

Since the three of them had left the portal, it was a really damp and depressing mood between them now. Especially since all Jimin could do for a while was cry.

"I'm homeless" Jimin suddenly spoke up, Taehyung turning to him as Jimin sat up properly
"I have no home" he sniffled as he faced Taehyung with teary eyes again
"I want to go home" he began to cry, Taehyung pulling him into a tight hug as he closed his eyes.

His heart was aching for Jimin's sake as he saw the pain he was in. After all, it would be horrible to be disregarded and thrown out by your own people, especially when they don't believe the amount of danger you're in.

"You can stay with me?" Taehyung suggested but Jimin shook his head
"The wolves know we're there, they'll find us" Jimin spoke as he looked at the water falling down and how peaceful it seemed.
"I guess I have to keep running for the rest of my life" Jimin shrugged
"No you don't" Taehyung objected
"What choice do I have?" Jimin snapped a little, facing him properly so Taehyung could see the heartbreak in his eyes.

"I have nowhere to go! No home and people to run back to! I can't go to you because I'm putting you in danger!" He vented before taking a deep breath
"I have to keep running"

Taehyung thought for a moment, taking a deep breath himself.
"I never said you'd have to come to me" He spoke, Jimin looking at him
"I'll go with you"

"Tae no! I can't let you do that" Jimin objected
"Yes you can. Jimin..." he cupped his face, looking into his eyes.
"I'm here for you and I always will be" His heart rate increased as he thought of his next words. He wanted to restrain them and stop but it was too late. They'd already slipped out by the time he tried to stop them.

"I wanna spend the rest of my life with you"

Jimin was taken back by what was just said as it was evident on his face. His eyes grew wide for a moment, only for a small smile to break out on his face as he just couldn't hold in his emotions anymore.
"I wanna spend the rest of my life with you too" he admitted, Taehyung smiling as he stroked the elf's cheek.
"But the wolves might-"
"I couldn't give a shit about them" Taehyung stopped him

Again, a thought came into his head and for some reason he couldn't stop it. It just happened. His lips landed on Jimin's.

Jimin for a moment had his eyes wide open as he was shocked by the sudden movement, only to melt into the kiss as his lips just fit perfectly with Taehyung's.

A current of electricity was felt as the two had their eyes shut, allowing the feelings they'd been holding in since the day they met to flow out. It felt like it was a circuit, pulsing around each other's bodies as they both were on the same level, feeling the same way.

Taehyung pulled away from Jimin's plump and inviting lips, absolutely breathless as Jimin was too.

Cupping his face once again, he smiled.
"I could only give a shit about you" Taehyung kissed him quickly again as Jimin giggled at it.
"I'm coming with you, and you're not stopping me" Taehyung told him as Jimin sighed. His gut said no but his heart was longing for Taehyung to be there for him when he needed cuddles and kisses and protecting. Barely anybody felt this as elves. He'd only heard stories that fascinated him from the rare elf who years ago fell in love with a human, including his friend Jin.

He used to beg Jin to tell him stories of him and his human love affair. It sounded like such a bitter sweet thing. It was such a shame it ended the way it did as Jimin could tell Jin was really in love with her.

All the emotions Jin explain he felt, Jimin was feeling them right now towards Taehyung. He knew this was the guy he wanted to be with and the guy he was slowly falling in love with.

"I hope Jungkook comes back soon" Jimin worried as Taehyung smirked a little.
"Why don't we have some fun while he's gone?" He suggested, kissing Jimin's neck as he managed to get a small hitch in Jimin's throat from him.

Jimin's eyes fluttered shut as he fell into a feeling of bliss, especially when Taehyung's neck kisses grew from light butterfly kisses to sucking on the one sensitive spot on his neck.

He gripped onto his shoulders for support, unable to take this emotion that was forming in him that he'd only heard of from the tales he was told.

"T-Taehyung~" He breathed out, a small moan slipping past his plump lips as Taehyung trailed his hot kisses up his jawline, back to his lips.

Slowly, he pushed Jimin back until he was lying down, Taehyung lying to hover over him as their lips stayed attached, hungry for more. Jimin's hands ran through Taehyung's hair that was so soft and fluffy, gripping onto it as the kiss was so intense, their tongues dancing with one another.

"My eyes are burning!" Both of them shot up when they heard this, seeing Jungkook stood with his back to them.
"I did not expect to come back to that" He spoke
"S-sorry Jungkook!" Jimin apologised as they both stood up, trying to look like nothing had happened, but Jungkook could only laugh when he turned back around to see Taehyung's hair all messed up, Jimin's neck having a red mark that was sure to turn a deeper colour and their lips both swollen and red.

"You both took your time with getting to it though didn't you?" Jungkook spoke as they looked at him with blank faces.
"Oh come on! It's so obvious you've liked each other since you met!" Jungkook laughed, especially when he saw their panicked expressions when they exchanged glances.
"Anyway love birds, where are we sleeping?" He asked as Jimin looked around.

"There's the grass over there, but it might rain" he thought, Jungkook shrugging as he went to lie down on it. Just as Jimin was about to follow, his arm was grabbed as he turned to face Taehyung.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Taehyung asked, Jimin nodding in response as they shared another quick kiss between them.

"Can you guys not? I'm gonna be lying right next to you!" Jungkook called from his spot, the two laughing at him as they went and lay down, Taehyung's arm becoming Jimin's pillow as all three of them lay on their back and stared up at the sky.

"It's so beautiful with the stars out" Jimin smiled up at them
"Like you" Taehyung whispered, making him giggle
"Give me a break" Jungkook rolled his eyes as he turned over to go to sleep, facing away from them. He pretended to be sickened, but really he was jumping for joy inside that what he'd been able to watch grow had blossomed into something as beautiful as it was.

"Tae. I want to be with you. But I'm scared that-"
"Don't be scared of anything" Taehyung whispered as he kissed Jimin's cheek.
"I'm always gonna be here for you"

But was Jimin gonna be there for him?
——————

Ugh this chapter is adorable

It's funny I always tell my bf how much I hate cute things and cringe things like actual dates and Valentine's Day but then I write things like this behind his back lmao