20.

Jimin was always a smart elf growing up. He'd always took care of himself and others and he always knew what to say. Because he was so kind and smart, people liked him.

But there was one aspect of him they didn't like...
His constant need for an adventure.

It was like a thirst that could never be quenched. Like a need that could never be helped. An itch that could never be scratched. He'd always been hungry for adventure.

His friend Jin quickly rose to power and though he stayed sensible and dedicated to the throne he sat on, he was humble towards his friend Jimin, even offering him a high place in the monarchy. Jimin turned it down. He didn't want such a responsibility when what his heart wanted was to get out of that place and explore the world he'd only heard of in stories.

"Jin..." Jimin spoke one time as the two were sat in Jin's library, Jin reading a book whilst Jimin sat opposite him.
"Yes Jimin?" He asked, Jimin sitting forward.
"What's the world like?" Jimin asked as Jin stopped reading, looking up as he set his book aside.

"What do you mean?" He asked as Jimin continued eagerly
"When you went to the human world, what was it like?" He asked as Jin sighed
"Jimin, I got lost there remember? I-"
"But you still saw it!" Jimin burst out before reeling it back in
"You were there for over two years Jin, that's enough to have stories!" Jimin spoke as Jin smiled, giving in to his friend's eager want to learn more.

"It was actually pretty fun. Covering up that I was an elf was hard but.. someone amazing took me in" he smiled to himself as he thought back, Jimin perking up.
"Y-you met someone?" Jimin asked
"I did more than meet someone" Jin spoke as he sat forward
"I fell in love"

Jimin was hooked as he couldn't stop the questions from spilling out that were being swirled in his brain.

"You had a protector? I thought that was an old myth?" Jimin spoke as Jin shook his head
"It's always been true. Just with the rule that's came in it was less heard of and eventually people believed it wasn't true" Jin spoke
"What was she like?" Jimin asked
"Beautiful! She was such a lovely young girl when I met her. She took me in and looked after me" Jin smiled at the thought of her beautiful smile he could remember so perfectly.
"What happened?" Jimin asked as Jin sighed, turning sad.

"I had to come home, to resume my role as king" Jin spoke
"It broke my heart leaving her, she was the only girl I've ever felt that way towards" He spoke
"She must be all grown up now" Jin shook his head, trying to get rid of the tears that were threatening to spill
"I hope she's moved on and is happy, even if I'm not" Jin spoke as Jimin hugged him tightly
"I'm so sorry" Jimin spoke into his shoulder as Jin hugged him back.

As time went by and Jimin heard more and more about the wonderful place of the human world, he couldn't resist anymore. He had to go see it.
He knew he wasn't allowed, but maybe if Jin would let him...

"No way" Jin spoke bluntly
"But why not?" Jimin whined
"Because its a rule" Jin answered, once again bluntly
"Then remove it! You have the power to do that!" Jimin pouted
"Jimin, I said no okay?" Jin told him
"It's not safe and there is no way to protect you out there" Jin spoke, ending the conversation as Jimin stormed out in a huff.

Marching out of the palace, Jimin had a thought. It was a terrible one. But if it worked then he could prove to Jin how he could protect himself, how he'd be safe and how he could come back in one piece.

Making his way back into the palace, he snuck past the guards as he made his way down to the cellar, walking down the dark spiral staircase.
He knew his way from when Jin took him on the tour when he first moved into the castle when he first became king. Jimin somehow had a great memory and he knew exactly what he was after and where it was.

As he made his way down, his footsteps echoing on the brick walls that surrounded him, he finally reached the bottom. It was so dark, the only light being from the candles that were gently lighting up the corridor.

As he walked, he walked past the door to the dungeons as he shivered at the thought. He hated the sound of that place. Barely anybody went there and if they did it was only over night just to teach them a lesson. But it was known to be dark and cold in there and Jimin couldn't stand the thought.

Walking past, he finally made his way to the room where all the special things were hidden. Turning the doorknob, he realised it was locked as he tried to remember the magic number that would open the door. He remembered Jin told him when he wasn't supposed to and he swore he wouldn't tell anyone. He didn't, but he never promised to not use it.

"134340" Jimin spoke as the door was heard unlocking, Jimin smiling to himself as he crept in, leaving the door slightly open so he could get out.

Running across the circular room that had all the magical things in. Potions that were very powerful. Armour from a famous elf knight who saved the whole land. But Jimin was only interested in one thing. The most powerful and prized possession of the elf world.

The pearl of Zemblanity.

It was so powerful. Even Jimin didn't know of it's true power, but he'd read all about it and knew some what of its capability. He knew it was wrong, but it was the only way to prove Jin wrong.

Reaching into the tiny box, he pulled it out, handling it with great care as it rolled gently in his hand, it's dark blue shining despite their being no light in the room. Jimin was in awe of it as he put it in his pocket, rushing out of the room as he as quietly as he could closed the door.

Running up the stairs and out of the palace he ran as fast as he could to get to the portal.

He wanted to prove that he was capable enough to look after himself. That the human world was safe to enter.

He wanted to prove everybody wrong.
——————

Jimin is such a cheeky elf 😂 but he's cute so he's cool

Also can we appreciate I'm gonna be walking on the same ground as BTS in 9 days time.. peeps this is gonna be a meltdown for me