27.

Awaking the next morning, Taehyung already sensed something was wrong as Jungkook was shaking him awake with urgency in his voice.

"Taehyung! Wake up!" Jungkook shouted as Taehyung groggily opened his eyes, covering them from the daylight as he wanted to adjust.
"What?" He groaned in a tired morning voice.
"Jimin is gone!" Jungkook spoke as Taehyung sighed
"He probably went for a walk or-"

"No! He's left a note! He left last night!" Jungkook spoke as Taehyung sat upright, snatching the two notes from Jimin who had run off.

It was true.

As he scanned his eyes over Jungkook's note, seeing Jimin apologise for what has happened in his family, making him feel second best to Taehyung, telling him to take care of him as well as wishing him a happy life his heart beat began to beat so fast it was like it was coming out of his chest.

Looking at his own note, his eyes scanned over it as he couldn't believe what he was reading.

Dear Taehyung.

I'm so sorry but it's for the best if I leave. It's not fair on your or Jungkook to stay with me and put your lives at risk for my own mistakes. I can't let you do that and I never will.

You've been the best person in my life. You took me in and cared for me when nobody else did and with you, I felt like maybe my life was gonna be put back together. I'm sorry if I gave you false hope, I gave it to myself too as for a while I believed we would spend our lives together. But apparently not. I have to go.

Thank you for everything. Giving me a home and becoming my protector and everything I could ever ask in a friend and a lover.

I'm sorry if you're hurting but know I am too. Like I said, I didn't want to do this.

Have a happy life and take care of your mom and sister. They need you more than I do.

Love, Jimin xxx

"No!" Taehyung breathed in as he felt like his whole world was collapsing, crumbling around him. He felt like he was suffocating as his breath sped up, his eyes filling with tears.
"This must be a mistake! He- he can't have gone!" He gasped for air as Jungkook wrapped his arm around him, pulling him into a hug as he apologised over and over again.

This couldn't be right. Jimin couldn't have just left. Not after what happened yesterday and the amazing and magical moment it was.

"Why?" He sobbed as Jungkook wiped his tears, only for them to be replaced.
"I'm so sorry Tae" Jungkook spoke, his own voice cracking from seeing his best friend like this.
"I can't breath!" Taehyung's breath was fast, like he'd been running.
"It's okay, just breathe" Jungkook gripped a hold of his shoulders, trying to help him as Taehyung took deep and heavy breaths, trying to regain control, although he was struggling.

It was as if he'd been swimming for a long time, able to breath under water as all of a sudden that ability had disappeared and he was slowly loosing air as he tried swimming to the surface, but it seemed to get further away and he was getting weaker.

Jungkook hugged his best friend as Taehyung cried into his shoulder, his warm tears falling onto Jungkook's skin who's own heart was slowly breaking from seeing him like this.

"It's okay" Jungkook whispered as Taehyung was breathing okay yet his sobs were heard as his back shook from how hard he was crying.

His heart was broken.

"Why Jungkook?" Taehyung asked as he pulled away, Jungkook seeing the mess he was in as he had tears down his face, his eyes bloodshot and his skin blotchy and red. This really had messed him up.
"Why did he leave?" Taehyung asked weakly although he knew the answer.

"He wanted to protect us" Jungkook spoke although Taehyung just couldn't believe it. He refused to believe it. He wanted Jimin to come out from hiding, saying he'd come back or this was all some twisted joke. He knew deep down Jimin would never do that. He'd left.

"He's not protecting me when I'm left here on my own heartbroken though is he?" Taehyung complained as Jungkook realised what really was happening here.
"You're heartbroken? You cared about him that much?" Jungkook asked, wanting the answer to confirm what was running through his head right now.

"Jungkook I-" Taehyung stopped himself. These were big words. The biggest words he could ever speak in his life and they were not to just throw around. But he knew this wasn't just throwing them around. Jimin was special to him and he knew why he was special to him now.

"I love him"

Jungkook smiled as his answer was confirmed. He was so happy to have seen them go from cheeky flirting to what they are now, even falling in love for the first time. But it was gone now Jimin decided to get up and leave.

He had no response to Taehyung's words as he helped him stand, wiping his tears as he sighed.
"Let's go home, we might be able to find him once we're there" Jungkook suggested
"Maybe you just need some time to clear your head" Jungkook grabbed the stuff they had, taking it with him as he took Taehyung's arm and lead him away towards the exit.

Taehyung turned back one last time as he looked at the stunning place they'd been staying at for the past few days. It was just so stunning and now it held the most precious memories for him and hopefully for Jimin. Although would he have left if the memories weren't precious?

He couldn't help but smile when he thought of what happened here. Jimin and his first kiss and first time. Swimming in that lake as he saw things he never thought he'd see. It was literally like he was living in his dream fantasy.

Those memories were in his heart but they would always remain in this place, shut off from the rest of the world.

Turning back, he and Jungkook left the little hideaway as they began to trek home.

The air between them was solemn as they came out of the forest and up the hill that they walked up, Taehyung's eyes diverted to the ground as Jungkook was leading them both home.

How could Jimin do this? Just go and leave him. Those memories, did they mean nothing to him? Did he change his mind about how he felt? What if-

Taehyung stopped when he saw he was stood in something, snapping out of his thoughts.
"Jungkook!" He called his friend who turned around, frowning when he saw what was there.
"It's.. glitter?" Jungkook asked, walking over as Taehyung tried thinking.

It was exactly like the one Jimin left when he bumped into Taehyung that first time he met. When he was in trouble.

"What if something happened to him?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook thought for a moment
"Like what though, it's not like-" he stopped as his eyes widened by what he saw behind Taehyung.
"T-T-Tae.." He spoke as fear etched onto his face, Taehyung turning and looking at what he was staring at with confusion, only to have fear in his own eyes when he saw it.

A paw print.

A giant dog paw printed into the floor as they trailed off and slowly disappeared when the mud had dried up.

Turning to one another, they both knew what happened. Why there was glitter on the floor and why huge paw prints were made in the ground.

Jimin had been taken.
——————

Guys, I'm officially a year 13 aka upper 6th and damn is it scary oof. I want to cry 😂😂

I have no clue what I wanna do with my future and I have to decide in the next few months.