26.

The night was well upon them as all was quiet, Taehyung and Jungkook both sleeping soundly as Jimin was still wide awake.

He was having a small debate in his head over his next choice and the consequences it would have.

He'd be left heartbroken for the rest of his life and may come into danger when he needed Taehyung around but that was the main reason he was doing this. Taehyung and Jungkook were both unsafe and they needed to be protected at all costs.

Once again, his heart said no, screaming and shouting at him to stay with Taehyung and spend the rest of his life happy with him. That's what he wanted deep down. But he couldn't have it. Not with the wolves out there and they were not going to let up about this pearl.

He had to leave as soon as he could to protect them both.

He turned to Taehyung, seeing he was peacefully asleep as he smiled at him, admiring him for his beauty. He saw things about him he'd not noticed before. Like the little mole on his nose or how long and dark his lashes were. They all made him beautiful.

It pained him to do this but it had to be done.

Jimin slowly untangled himself from Taehyung's grasp, already missing the warmth he brung as he was left cold in the night air. He was regretting this already but Taehyung needed to be safe.

Running over to the bag he packed, he was lucky to find a piece of paper and a pen. He couldn't leave without writing him a note, that would be even more unfair than keeping Taehyung around and putting his life at risk.

He ripped the piece of paper out as he briefly looked over his writing, choking up at what he wrote as he poured his heart out into the note. He didn't want to do this. But he had to.

Leaving it under a rock next to Taehyung, he knelt down next to him, running a hand through his hair as he smiled at him, a tear running down his cheek.

"Thank you for giving me a life time of happiness in the days we've been together" Jimin whispered as his voice cracked.
"I'll never ever forget them" He leant down, kissing the top of Taehyung's head before he went to Jungkook's sleeping form, leaving the note he wrote for him there.

"I'm sorry you thought I was stealing your best friend away, but you have him back now" Jimin whispered as he hugged the sleeping Jungkook.
"But thank you for sticking by me and being the amazing friend you are" He spoke
"Take care of Taehyung, he may need it" Jimin sat up as he stood and went towards the exit of the hide out.

Looking back as his tears shone in the moonlight, he wiped them from his cheeks as he took a deep breath.

"Thank you" he whispered to them both as he'd never been more grateful for two people in his life. He'd never met two people so kind and willing to stand by him. He'd certainly never met someone who treated him and looked at him and kissed him the way Taehyung did. He knew he'd never meet someone like him again and it broke him inside but he kept telling himself it wasn't fair.

It wasn't. Why should Taehyung be punished for what he did? It was all Jimin's fault and Taehyung had nothing to do with it. Why should he suffer?

Jimin made his way out of the forest as he looked around, making his way up the cliff and over the top, breathing in the cool air as he walked. He felt a sense of freedom like he did the first time he walked along here when he moved onto a new chapter of his life, but it was a chapter he wished he could rip out or rewrite or just skip over.

He didn't want this in his life.

As he walked, the darkness surrounded him as he stared up at the sky for comfort, smiling at the stars, only for them to bring back the memory he now treasured.

Laying on Taehyung's chest as they were both breathless from their heated moment, staring at the sky with a smile on both their faces, reminiscing on what a magical feeling it was they both experienced.

Jimin noticed he was smiling as he looked down, only for that smile to be wiped off his face when he saw what was in front of him.

"H-Hoseok..."

Jimin gasped as he saw him stood there in the darkness, his sharp and dark eyes staring at him as his figure could just about be made out. Seeing him made a shiver run up Jimin's spine as he began to suspect what may happen, already regretting being out here alone with no protection.

"I said I'd help you the first time" Hoseok whispered as he came up to him.
"I did it for your human friends" He spoke in his ear
"They don't deserve to be punished for what you've done" Jimin knew he was right as he felt ashamed for bringing Taehyung and Jungkook into this.

"I'd rather you just kill me" Jimin mumbled as Hoseok laughed at him.
"We're getting to that part" he spoke as Jimin's arms were grabbed, turning to see Yoongi and some other werewolf he didn't know.
"No! Let me go!" Jimin shouted as they began to drag him off, Yoongi about to punch him as Hoseok jumped in the way, injecting him with something as he instantly fell unconscious, falling into Hoseok's arms who flung the elf over his shoulder in his sleeping state.

"You're no fun" Yoongi pouted.
"He's not a punching bag" Hoseok spoke as the three began to walk off back to the wolf lair.
"Well for me he isn't, maybe for Namjoon" Yoongi noted
"Who knows what Namjoon wants to do with him but it's not going to be pretty" Hoseok sighed
"What a shame he hasn't got his friend to help him"

Yoongi and the other wolf sniggered as they turned into their wolf forms, running off across the cliff tops, through the darkness as they wanted to make it back as quick as they could.

The time was coming and Namjoon wanted that pearl.
——————

Thank you for 2k!
Just thank you... 💜💜

So, what's going to happen to Jimin?
Dun dun dunnnnn