21.

He was here.

Running through the forest as he could see the light of day ahead of him, getting closer and closer to it.

He'd never ran so fast in his life as the leaves and sticks on the ground crunched under his footsteps before he arrived into the light of day.

Breathing in the air he smiled to himself as he took in his surroundings.

Falling to the ground, he felt the grass, seeing it wasn't as bright as the grass back home, but it seemed more natural as it felt just like he imagined it would, tickling the palms of his hands.

A breeze brushed past his cheeks. It was a cool breeze, a lot cooler than the one back home as it felt like it was pinching his cheeks, yet the cold was refreshing and he'd always wondered what it was like.

Running up the hill, he ran off and across the cliff top that was hiding him from the rest of the world, coming across a small pond on the way as he ran to it, his hand dipping into the water as he felt it was cold and saw the fishes swimming in it. A smile sprung to his face as he stood up, beginning to run again all the way to...

He didn't know where he was going.

He just wanted to be free.

He ran for what felt like miles as he finally reached a road, cars driving a long it as he'd only heard of these from Jin. They didn't have technology like this back home. He wished they did. It would be so much easier.

He followed the road, following the direction most of the cars were going in as he wanted to find people. He wanted to meet new people. This was breaking every rule there was, but it was kind of worth it.

He finally made his way to a small town that lead into the big city behind it where buildings towered over the houses from miles away, the grey and silver shining in the sun.

He couldn't wait to get there.

He pulled up the hood of his jacket as he began to spot people out walking, not wanting them to see his ears and freak out. It made him look slightly odd but it was better than everyone noticing the very clear difference he had to other people.

He soon made his way into town as he noticed the sun was setting on the horizon, the sky growing dark although it was a clear sky and the stars had just begun to glimmer down.

As he walked along the path, he couldn't help but admire the houses as they seemed so peaceful, the street lamps lighting up the world dark streets as it fell so quiet so quickly. He passed many houses, some with their windows dark, some with curtains pulled shut and others with their windows shining from the light inside. It made him happy seeing all these people.

As he stared into one house, seeing a couple happily sat on a couch, watching the tv as the man had his arm gently wrapped around the woman's shoulders, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead before they both smiled. A smile spread on his face as he wondered what that would be like, to fall in love.

As he thought of this, still staring at the couple, he didn't see where he was going.

Bumping into someone's shoulders, he yelped slightly as he turned to see two people both walking with their hoods up.

"Watch where you're fucking going!" The small one he bumped into shouted in his face as Jimin shyly nodded, mumbling a quick apology as he quickly walked away.

He didn't notice the two people stop.

Their noses twitched as they both picked up a scent that was rarely smelt around this place, in fact anywhere.
It was the smell of an elf. Just what they were after.