Epilogue Part 2.

"J-Jimin?" Taehyung gasped as he dropped his phone in shock, Jimin rushing to pick it up as the first thing he did was check if it was okay.

"Tae.. I-" Jimin paused
"I didn't think I'd see you" Jimin spoke quite shyly like it was the first time they met.
"I always come home to see my family" Taehyung admitted before he frowned
"Why are you here? I thought elves weren't allowed out?" He questioned as he noticed Jimin had a beanie on, covering the tops of his ears.

"I'm the test for a new rule" Jimin admitted as Taehyung gestured for him to go on.
"They've sent me here for a while and if I come back with no suspicions then elves can come into the free world whenever" He spoke as Taehyung's face lit up with delight.
"Y-you mean.." Taehyung couldn't stop the tears from forming as Jimin didn't even try to fight them, letting one fall from his eye.

"I get to have you back" Jimin finished it off as the two ran at one another, their arms flinging around one another as tight as they could go as Jimin's face dug perfectly into Taehyung's neck, Taehyung kissing the top of his head as they pulled away.

"I missed you Tae" Jimin admitted as the tear Taehyung was holding back fell from his eye.
"I missed you too, I've not gone a day without thinking of you" Taehyung spoke as Jimin laughed at his cheesy words, although he was exactly the same.

In fact, he'd been the one begging and pushing for this rule to become a thing, just so he could see Taehyung again. Partly because Jin felt sorry for Jimin and partly because he wanted to see Minji again, Jin backed up Jimin and pushed for this rule too.
Now it was becoming a thing.

"Are you going back to the lair?" Jimin asked suddenly
"I was gonna go home and see mom and Ailee first, where have you been?" Taehyung asked
"Just to the shop to pick up a snack" Jimin shrugged as Taehyung nodded his head, suddenly taking Jimin's hand.

"Where are we going?" Jimin giggled.
"I'm taking you to see mom and Ailee, they've missed you too" He spoke as the two set off running to Taehyung's old house, ecstatic to be reunited again.

Jimin couldn't believe it when he turned up outside the house. It felt like a lifetime ago since he was here and taken in by the most caring and loving family. It was amazing.

Taehyung took him inside instantly as he walked through the house, Jimin following behind before he hid behind Taehyung.

"Hey mom, hey Ailee" Taehyung peeked his head around the door, seeing his mom on the couch reading a magazine and his sister doing her homework.
"Hey darling" His mother smiled
"Hey Tae Tae, hows Kookie?" Ailee asked, Jimin smiling as she kept the nicknames she gave them when she was eight.

"He was fine, stressed but fine" Taehyung eased his way in.
"Before I go, I-I found someone you might wanna see on the way" Taehyung stepped aside as he revealed Jimin stood in the door way.

Ailee gasped as she dropped her homework, standing up as did Taehyung's mother.

Jimin stared at them both as he became emotional. He hadn't seen them in so long and he was so happy to be back with his real family. Taehyung's mother had barely changed as she still wore the same smile and had the same caring and gentle features but Jimin couldn't believe it when he saw Ailee.

She'd grown up so much in such a short space of time. He forgot that she couldn't stay a child forever and now she was a teenager. It made him emotional because he wasn't there to see it but he was here now and he saw how much she'd grown.

"Hi Ailee, Minji" Jimin greeted them as Minji brought him into a hug.
"Jimin, you've been missed so much" She spoke with a crack in her voice, Ailee coming over as she wrapped her arms around Jimin when her mother pulled away.

"I was beginning to think you were a dream when I was little" she admitted as she pulled away, pulling the hat off his head before her hand slipped up, her finger running along the point on his ear as she smiled.
"I used to love playing with them" she remembered always flicking them and playing with the point which when she looked back, it was probably really annoying for him, but he never seemed to mind.

"You've grown so much" he told her
"You've barely changed" She noted
"I am 123 and still have a baby face" He sniggered as she did too.

Suddenly, she lifted her arm, rolling up her sleeve as she revealed a bracelet that had the pearl of Zemblanity firmly in place.
"As promised Jimin" She smiled as he did too, running his finger over it.
"Thank you"
"No thank you" she spoke
"All my friends stopped believing in magic and whatever years ago" she spoke with tears in her eyes.
"I get to keep believing forever because of you"

He smiled the brightest smile as Taehyung wrapped his arm around Jimin's shoulders, kissing his cheek.
"I missed this so much" Jimin admitted.
"My real family"

All four of them gathered in a group hug then. The hole in Taehyung's heart felt complete once again. Jimin was the missing piece and he needed him in his life. He couldn't let him go again.

After some time spent with his family, Jimin and Taehyung decided to leave, waving bye to his sister and mother before they both walked down the street, hand in hand.

Soon enough, they stopped at exactly the same time, looking up as they stared at the house where it all began. The house where Jimin hid and Taehyung brought him chocolate bars and first took him in. It was still empty and even more broken down than before but for some reason, it welcomed both Jimin and Taehyung.

"Y'know if this rule passes and I get to see you again, we could move in here" Jimin suggested as they turned to one another, their hands in each other's.
"Like I said all those years ago, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you and this house just seems perfect for that" Jimin spoke
"Do you agree?" He asked.

Taehyung smiled that perfect smile as he cupped Jimin's face.
"I couldn't agree more" he kissed his lips as it was just as passionate and beautiful as any other time.

They smiled into the kiss as it just all felt so perfect and like old times, just nobody was chasing Jimin down this time. But even if someone was, Taehyung would always be there to protect him.
It was his job.

Pulling away, Jimin sighed.
"I need to go home now, see if this rule is passed" Jimin sighed.
"I'm sorry I'm leaving you again"
"Don't be, how long will it be if it does pass?" He asked as Jimin thought for a moment.
"If it gets agreed to by tonight which it should, maybe a month or two" Jimin spoke

Taehyung smiled although that still seemed so far away. He was just glad he would see him again.
"I'll see you in a month or two then" Taehyung kissed him gently as Jimin giggled, about to turn and walk away.

"Oh I forgot, here" he took Taehyung's hand, pressing something into it before closing his hand around it.
"I bought two from the shop and I know how much you love them" He spoke as he turned and began walking down the street.

Taehyung opened his hand as he let the biggest smiled stretch onto his face with what was in the palm of his hand.

His favourite chocolate bar.

~•~•~•~•~

That's the end of Elves.

I've got a thank you chapter next so please keep reading because that will also have the announcement for my new story.

However, that's your choice what it is.

I have a prewritten and done Jikook fanfiction from ages ago.

Or...

I've been working on the sequel to elves but updates would be slower due to me still working on it.

Which would you guys want? Both? Or one and then the other? Please let me know.