19.

The next day there was already a tense atmosphere when Jimin woke up. He could feel it.

Taehyung was no longer by his side as he leapt up out of his sleep, only to see his reflection in the water by the portal.

Instantly he sighed with relief, knowing he and Jungkook were safe from harm as he stretched his arms, deciding to finally get up.

The sun was shining high in the sky as the air was quite warm and the golden flecks in the air just seemed to make it even brighter. It was like a summer paradise. So why did it feel tense this morning?

Walking up to the rock, he froze when he heard the tone of the two boys voices, deciding to hide behind the rock as he listened in to their conversation.

"I'm not saying we ditch him-"
"Then what are you saying Jungkook?!" Taehyung was heard snapping at him
"I'm saying that it's not safe for you to go with him! You also just can't!" Jungkook snapped back
"Why not?" Taehyung folded his arms as he wanted to hear Jungkook's reasoning.

"You have school!" Jungkook protested as Taehyung just scoffed at him
"You have your whole life a head of you! You have a family for fuck sake! What about your mom or Ailee?!" He raised his voice
"I can always come back to visit them!" Taehyung shouted back before the two hushed their voices in case Jimin awoke.

"So what? You're just gonna leave?" Jungkook spoke sharply
"Yeah. That was my plan" Taehyung said as Jungkook laughed at how ridiculous he sounded.
"Some friend you are" Jungkook spoke as he couldn't even look at him anymore.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Taehyung stepped forward.

"It means that I would never ever ditch you! You haven't thought of me in any of this have you? You and your family have been there for me when my family hasn't and you're just gonna ditch me because you've found someone better! That is what I fucking mean!" Jungkook shouted as he took a deep breath.

Taehyung calmed down as he tried reaching out to his best friend.
"Your family do care Kook-"
"Oh yeah? When have they called me? When have they text me the whole time I've been away?!" He asked
"I thought you said you told them-"
"I didn't tell them anything! I just disappeared and they've not even called or text me! How do you think that feels? Oh you don't know do you because your mom is the best and you have a sister who loves you and now you've found someone to replace me!" Jungkook spoke

"My dad walked out on us, you call that a perfect family?!" Taehyung raised his voice again
"What so just because my parents are together we're a perfect family?! My mom and dad don't care about me! At least your mom cares about her son and keeps him in her life! When has my mom ever done that?" Jungkook spoke as a tear rolled down his cheek, him quickly wiping it away.

"Y'know I never should have come here" Jungkook spoke up again
"I never should have tried to find out what Jimin was because now I'm involved in shit that I don't wanna be involved in" Jungkook spoke
"If you don't wanna be involved then fuck off back home!" Taehyung shouted

"Why don't you do the same? Don't you think it's strange that Jimin's not told us anything about him?!" Jungkook spoke as Jimin's eyes widened.
"What, you don't trust Jimin?" Taehyung asked
"Of course I do! I'm just saying that he's not told us anything about how this all started and why he's being chased by wolves and it's in order to protect us when really I'm feeling more in danger since they're after us for something we don't even know about!" Jungkook shouted as Jimin had enough, coming around the corner.

"I'll tell you everything! Just please stop fighting!" He begged as he too had tears in his eyes from hearing them fight. His arms were up in the air like he was surrendering, Jungkook and Taehyung giving him sorry looks.

"Jungkook, I would never try and steal your best friend away" Jimin sniffled lightly
"But I can't help how I feel towards him" Jimin looked at Taehyung who gave him a small smile.

"I'm also sorry I dragged you both into this. I never wanted it. But I'm damn grateful you've stuck by me for even this long" Jimin told them as he sat down, telling them both to do the same.

"I know I've left you both in the dark with how all this happened, and you deserve to know the truth... you really do" He told them, running a hand through his air as he gathered his emotions together, closing his eyes.

"It's okay, take your time" Taehyung told him as Jimin smiled gratefully at him, looking at Jungkook who's face was searching for answers.

"I left you in the dark so you didn't know the truth and I thought it might help you since you weren't too involved. Maybe the wolves won't hurt you" Jimin explained
"I was wrong and apparently they're willing to hurt anybody if it means they get their own way" he pulled out the pearl
"Get this" Jimin sniggered
"They can only get this from me if I die though" Jimin spoke as he looked at Taehyung.

"When Namjoon hit me that one time, if you weren't there then I'd be dead. He could have easily took the pearl from me" Jimin spoke
"The reason he didn't take it when I held it out is because you can't take a pearl from its protector by force" Jimin explained
"He has to kill me if he wants it"

Jimin looked up at them both, deciding to tell them everything. Who he was, why he's here, where he's from, how this all happened.

What actually happened that put his life in so much danger.
———————

I just did my final exams for the year and oh my god it's like a weight has been lifted 😂😂 not that they all went well 😂😂