Chapter 4- Dex

When I first lept over to Everglen, Biana and Fitz greeted me. "Where's everyone else?" I asked looking around curiously. 

"No one's here yet," Biana said. Then, as we said that, Tam and Linh appeared at the gate, immediately followed by Keefe. 

"Scratch that," Fitz said, heading toward them. Biana had already run off to go see Linh. Fitz looked behind to look at me. "You coming Dex?" Fitz asked. I shook my head. 

"I'll wait in your bedroom," I said. "I have to make a call on my Imparter." I headed into the bedroom we usually stayed in, and sure enough, there were sleeping bags on the floor. 

I set down my stuff and picked up the  Imparter. "Marella Redek," I said. The Imparter immediately flashed up with Marella's face. I grinned.

Marella looked at the screen of her Imparter and her face broke off into a grin. "Hey Dex!" she said, waving through the Imparter. "Hey Marella," I replied. She laughed.

"You okay over there?" I asked. Since Marella had manifested as a pyrokinetic, whenever she was upset, some things tended to get out of control. Marella laughed again. Whenever she laughed, dimples appeared on her face, and her braids in her blond hair swirled. 

"Nothings wrong Dex," she said laughing. "You worry too much about me. You're at EVERGLEN! Home to the one and only Fitz Vacker!" She sighed dreamily through the Imparter, but I couldn't tell if it was for real or if it was just fake acting. 

I heard laughter float up the hall. "Sophie must be here," I whispered. "I'm going to hang up. I'll call you later okay?" Marella nodded and I hung up the Imparter. 

I thought as I waited for everyone to come upstairs. Did Marella know I liked her? Does she like me? Or, does she like Fitz like almost every other girl in the school? I sighed. Girls were so complicated!

Sophie opened the door and I waved. "Hi Sophie," I said. Sophie smiled and waved back. Next came Wonderboy(aka Fitz), Linh, Biana, Tam and finally Keefe. We all sat in a circle. I ended up between Tam and Sophie. 

"Soo.... are we going to just sit here and wait, or are we going to play some human games?" Keefe said,  his natural smirk coming onto his face. I groaned silently. Not human games! I don't know why, but human games usually involved kissing, or sharing private stuff, something I didn't want to do. 

Sophie thought. "We can play Kiss, Marry, Kill. We can also play Truth or Dare or Spin the Bottle. What do you guys want to do?" 

Keefe grinned. "Spin the Bottle," he said.  "Truth or Dare," Biana said. "Kiss, Marry, Kill is new, let's do that," Linh said. "I agree with Linh," Fitz said. "Truth or Dare," Tam said. "It's the only one without kissing in it." 

"What about you Dex?" Sophie asked me. I ran through my options. Spin the Bottle was out, and I didn't want to spill any secrets. I sighed. "Kiss, Marry, Kill." 

Sophie smiled. "Kiss, Marry, Kill it is!"