Chapter 37- Linh

My very first thought when I first zipped open the packages containing the dresses that Biana had picked out, was that I would never be able to repay Della, and Biana and all the Vackers, even if I had all the time in the world. 

They were so pretty that they almost brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't imagine that I would finally be able to have a Winnowing Gala. In fact, I never believed that I would ever even get out of Exillium after being there for so long, but the fact that I was even having a Gala... 

That was amazing. 

Biana gasped and clapped her hands excitedly when I finally came out. The heels that she picked out for me were way to tall for my taste, and suddenly, I felt a lot like Sophie, wobbling around and grabbing onto nearby railings. 

Finally realizing that I was going to be in mortal danger if the heels were not removed immediately, Marella grabbed my arms and allowed me to lean back on her while Biana grabbed the heels, which I was hesitant to do, as I was scared that I was going to crush her petite pixie-like body. 

Biana grabbed the heels and examined the heel inch size. She laughed to herself and waved them in my face. "They're only 5 inches! And you can't walk in them!" 

"5 inches?!" Sophie exclaimed in mock horror, grabbing the heels and staring at them with a fake fearful look in her eyes. "These monstrosities exist?!" 

Biana scoffed. "Girl, I've walked in 10 inch heels before." 

"That's not happening!" Marella said suddenly, putting a finger in Biana's face. "Just because I'm short, does not mean that I feel the need to become taller by wearing heels. I choose to be short, so don't you dare give me any heels." 

We all laughed, and then Biana grabbed at the fabric of my dress and examined it, before nodding in approval. "I knew it was a good idea to come here," Biana said. "Their quality is a-mazing!!!" 

The dress Biana had picked for me felt a lot like water, whatever the material was. (I was no expert of dresses, seeing as I had been wearing old cloaks for about half my life.) The only thing I could say using my lack of dress knowledge was that it was gorgeous, and probably the prettiest thing I owned. 

Marella made a fake pout face when I came out in my casual dress that Biana had also picked out

Marella made a fake pout face when I came out in my casual dress that Biana had also picked out. "I'm not sure I want any of you guys at my Gala wearing these dresses," Marella said. "Everyone will want to dance with you guys, and they'll all forget this is supposed to be my Gala." 

"Oh come on!" Biana said. "That for sure won't happen, if you wear these heels!" She stuck a pair of red heels with gradient clasps that looked like miniature flames. However, the heel size was huge, even bigger then my previous 5 inch ones. 

"We all know that that is not happening," Marella said quickly. "Right? Not happening, right?" she asked again, looking at our faces for confirmation.