Chapter 16- Dex

Okay, I totally did not mean to accidentally hack into Fitz and Keefe's Imparters, but what could you do? I had just finished calling Marella and I was feeling very embarrassed. She thought that I had said I wanted to date her. Sure, I did want to date her, but I didn't want her to know yet. 

So, I had fiddled around with the nearest piece of tech around, my Imparter. I somehow hacked into Fitz's Imparter and accidentally spied on his and Keefe's conversation. I was going to just hang up when Fitz revealed he liked Linh. I couldn't help it. 

"You like Linh?" I asked. 

Keefe looked surprised. "Dex, look, you cannot tell anyone that Fitz likes Linh okay? If Tam finds out..." 

I finished his sentence. "Fitz will be dead by the next day." 

Fitz turned red. "Can you not talk about me like that while I am still here? Maybe I should hang up.." I reached out a hand to my Imparter. "No!!" I said. 

"Why?" Fitz asked. 

"Because my Imparter is linked with your Imparter. If you hang up, then I'll be gone too and Keefe will be all alone. So... DO NOT HANG UP WONDERBOY!!!" 

Fitz nodded. "Sure," he said. 

Keefe interrupted. "Quick question Dex, do you have a crush?" 

My cheeks turned bright red. Why did he ask that right now? "I do not!" I said, crossing my arms over my chest, hoping that I looked stubborn. 

Keefe laughed. "Your cheeks give you away Dex. Also, you cannot lie to an Empath! So, who is the lucky girl?" 

I shook my head furiously. No way was he ever going to know my crush on Marella. If Keefe knew, then he would tell everyone he knew. Then, the rumor would go around the school and reach Marella. Then, I would be mortally embarrassed. It was NOT HAPPENING! 

"Is it Sophie?" Fitz guessed. I shook my head. "That was a long time ago, I do not like her anymore Fitz!" 

"Is it Linh?" Keefe guessed. I shook my head again. "Linh is nice and all, but I like her as a friend. Not as a crush like Fitz." I smiled mischievously at Fitz. 

"Is it Stina?" Keefe guessed again. "If you say yes, I am going to laugh so hard. Then, I'll be disgusted." 

I cringed. "Obviously no! Who would like Stina?" 

Fitz sighed. "I feel bad for Tam. Stina has a HUGE crush on him."

Keefe laughed. "Marella used to too! Ha! Tam is a magnet for misbehaving girls!" 

I flushed. For an instant, I thought that Keefe had guessed Marella as my crush. Luckily, Keefe didn't notice the flush in my cheeks. He was looking at something that just landed in his room. Fitz was looking at something too. 

I looked down and saw what they were looking at. A pink scroll sat on the ground. Matchmaking Scroll for Dexter Dizznee was what is said. 

"Guys lets meet at Everglen. I'll call the girls too. If we have our matchmaking forms, then they must too." Fitz said. In the background, I could hear a squealing sound. 

Fitz sighed. "Yeah, Biana just got hers. Meet at Everglen to discuss it okay?"

I nodded. "Sure!" I hung up and took a deep breath. Time to go to Everglen. WIth my matchmaking scroll.