Biana's Gala- The Aftermath

*walks on stage, waves nervously, nervous laugh* uhhh hi guys long time no see I guess?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom was pissed. And by pissed, I meant extremely, extremely, never-seen before mad.

After hauling the boys off of the ground (Sophie had managed to levitate and save herself) and healing them (Keefe had dislocated both elbows, Fitz had shattered a shoulder, Jace's collarbone was broken in three places), she had stormed through the ballroom in a fit of vengeance, dragging Keefe and Fitz through the room by their ears- old fashioned style.

It was honesty hilarious, and Dex was positively vibrating with glee over catching the whole thing on camera.

It was safe to say that seeing my angry mother was enough to put a damper on the party, and Linh quickly hustled everyone out of Everglen with promises that news would be sent out about my choice as soon as they possibly could.

"See, I would never get caught doing something like that," Tam said, sliding up behind me as everyone else filed out of the room. "Not like Keefe, what an idiot." He sipped his juice glass and rolled his eyes, and suddenly, I just felt so...grateful. Grateful to have Tam, this amazing person by my side, even through all the chaos.

After experiencing the pains of a gala firsthand, from annoying boys, to cute boys, to drunk (not cute) brothers, I felt like I could finally grasp the enormity of all the feelings that I really felt for him.

"Hey Tam," I said, touching the crook of his arm. He turned and looked at me with his silver blue eyes, wearing his fancy dark suit, his hair styled and smooth, and suddenly, suddenly I was leaning in, and somehow, suddenly, I was kissing him.

It didn't last for long, but as I pulled away, I saw the hint of a blush creep up his cheeks.

"Biana, I-"

"I love you Tam."

"What? I-"

"You don't have to respond, and I know that it's hard for you to say and express your emotions sometimes, with all the family issues and trust issues you have, and I'm still gonna kill your parents for that by the way, but I love you, and I care about you so much," I was rambling at this point, trying frantically to explain everything I felt for him before my sudden fit of inspiration went away, and I was back to being a bumbling idiot around him.

Tam was staring at me, unblinking, and I wasn't sure if it was out of shock, confusion or maybe a combination of both. I tried to power forward besides that.

"And, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," his eyes bulged out his head at the statement, but I pressed forward determined not to lose my steam. "So, Tam Song, will you please-"

Suddenly, I felt an arm around my waist, and Tam pulled me in for perhaps the best kiss I've ever had in my life. I haven't exactly been kissed many times before this, but still. You know what I mean.

My brain was short-circuiting, the neurons were speed-firing around my brain, and I could barely grasp what was happening in this situation. All I could think about were Tam's pale hands cupped around my waist, and the smell of his hair so close to my face, and his long eyelashes so near mine. And his lips on mine- the feel of it- the shape-

And then it was over, and Tam was staring at me, and I was staring at him. I was breathless looking at him, and suddenly the words came tumbling out of his mouth:

"I love you too Biana. I think I always have. And," he approached me, taking my hand in his, lifting it to his mouth. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you too. I want to spend every moment of the day with you, and the night too, and I want you in my life, Biana. I've never wanted anyone besides Linh anywhere near me, but with you, I feel like, this is really corny by the way, but I feel like I could do anything as long as you're here with me. So please, can I have the honor of being your-"

"YES." I didn't even need him to finish, and at that moment, it felt as though everything was perfect in the world, as long as Tam Song kept smiling his perfect small smile at me. I couldn't control myself, and kept into his arms.

He caught me barely, and we both laughed as he put me down.

"Don't expect any more wonderful love confessions," Tam said, dusting off his suit jacket. "I think I'm all worn out."

"Don't worry, I have enough for the both of us."

Tam laughed at that, and we intertwined our hands and gazed at each other.

"See that kiss was much better than the bathroom one," I said, to break the silence.

He laughed, and I felt genuinely giddy hearing the sound (wow what has happened to me). "I think it helped that we weren't next to a toilet while it was happening."

"Yeah that too," I gazed into his eyes again, and I could feel us leaning closer, and closer.

*COUGH*

We whipped our heads around to see Dex, standing directly behind us, his eyebrows raised incredulously and his arms crossed over his chest.

"I've been here the whole time you know."

Oh my god. He had been. I totally forgot that I had just been talking with him before Tam showed up. I tried to fight the embarrassment but couldn't, and glanced over to see Tam beet red. He looked so cute (OH MY GOD I NEEDED TO STOP.)

Dex rolled his eyes. "You guys are so incredibly lovey-dovey it's hard to watch." He mimicked throwing-up into his hands.

"Oh shut up, look who's talking," Tam said, and I became increasingly aware of his hand still at my hip.

"Look," Dex said, raising his hands quickly in mock-defense. "I won't say anything to anyone until ya'll are ready to say your decision, but just one to one, I'm happy for you. Really, I am."

I felt so warm inside, and I took two short steps over and hugged Dex, tight. He looked surprised as I pulled away, and that just made me feel even more glad.

"You deserve somebody amazing too Dex. Really you do, more than anyone."

"It's true man," Tam said, joining in on the sudden Dex appreciation I had decided to start.

"Ok, now you're just buttering me up so I won't tell anyone- I know your tricks Tam," Dex said, with an over-dramatic eye roll, but I could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Whatever you say man," Tam said, grabbing my hand. "Let's go meet up with the others Biana and leave Dex to fend for himself. I don't wanna be on cleaning duty."

"Hey?! Where did the whole 'oh Dex you're so amazing, basically the best person ever' act go?" Dex protested, catching up with us as we walked out the door.

"Gone," I chirped, and we all laughed at that.

Right before we got the the room where my parents were, Dex paused at a door nearby. "I'm gonna stop here, you guys keep going. I wish you luck telling them."

"Bye Dex!"

"Bye!"

Tam and Dex exchanged a glance right before Dex entered the room, with Tam raising his eyebrows at him, and Dex rolling his eyes, but with a smile? I didn't understand whatever guy language this was, so I just dragged Tam away by his sleeve.

"What room is that?" I asked Tam.

He smirked deviously (help how was he so attractive??) "Marella's."

I stopped in my tracks and glanced back, mouth dropping open. "No way."

"Yes way. He's going in, if you know what I mean."

"Tam!"

"Biana!"

I laughed and hugged him. "You're so stupid, I can't wait to be with you forever."

He blushed, but pulled me in regardless. "I love you Biana."

"I love you Tam."

And as we walked to my parents room to break the news, all I could think about was how perfect this had all ended up, even with all the mishaps along the way.

Mission Winnowing Gala was a success.