Chapter 33- Fitz

Marella walked over to me and Linh in the middle of a very important conversation, which made me kind of mad until Marella pulled me aside for some news. 

"Hey Fitz!" she had said. 

"What?!" I asked, really annoyed because I was in the middle of listening to one of Linh's stories about her Murcat that she had won from Tam on a bet. 

"Just come!" she said, waving me over to the same corner that she was talking to Sophie in a few minutes ago. 

I reluctantly followed, telling Linh I would be back in a sec. 

"What is it, Marella?" I asked impatiently. 

Marella looked around then leaned in sketchily. "I have a secret to tell you, okay?" 

"What?" I asked, this time not so impatiently. 

"It's about Linh! When she came over for our weekly training session before I got in control of my powers, she told me that she had a crush on you!" Marella said excitedly. "And then, when I was watching you with Linh, it is pretty obvious that you like her back! So, tell her that you like her and you could be a cute couple!" 

(A/N) This isn't important to the story, but I read over this and I just realized that literally, every single girl is a better matchmaker then Sophie. LOL!  

"What?!" I said, half really excited, half really suspicious that this entire thing was fake. 

Marella nodded. "Yes!" she said. "So, go tell Linh right now!!!" Marella started to push me toward Linh excitedly. 

"Marella!" I said. "Not now!" 

"Time is of the essence!!!" she said sing-songy not stopping at all. 

I never thought I would say these words, but I was glad that my Mom was here while my friends were here to stop us from talking. 

My Mom clapped her hands dramatically. "Lunch is ready guys!!" she said, slapping a dinner spoon on the counter. "Come on and grab a bite!" 

"Food!!!!!!!!!!!" Marella said, immediately rushing toward the dining room table and leaving me in the living room. 

Everyone swarmed to the living room like moths to a light, even Biana! (Biana, what were you saying about how you only ate extremely healthy things and would never rush toward a meal? Huh?!) 

"Hey Fitz?" somebody said, tapping me on the shoulder. 

I turned. Keefe!

"What do you want Keefe?" I groaned. 

"Why do you always think I want something?" Keefe asked innocently, sticking out his lip. "Maybe I just wanted to spend time with you and be a good friend!" 

We looked at each other for a second, then both burst out laughing. 

"Oh, my god!" Keefe snorted, between laughs. "Me, being a good friend??!!! HAHAHA!!!" 

"Spending time with me?! NEVER!!! HAHAHA!!!!" I laughed along with him. 

After we both had finally calmed down, I looked at Keefe. "What do you actually want Keefe?" I asked. 

Keefe shrugged. "I want to know why Marella was pushing you." 

"Wow," I remarked. "You come to talk to me for the gossip?" 

"Oooh, so it's gossip-worthy!" Keefe said, rubbing his hands together. "Okay, what happened? Why was she pushing you?" 

"Guess," I said stubbornly. 

"Do not question my guessing skills Fitzy!" Keefe said. 

"Oh, you will never guess what it is!" I said. "I'm going to lunch!" 

I headed toward the door but was stopped fast by Keefe, who had grabbed onto my shirt sleeve and held on tight. 

"You aren't going anywhere, Fitz!" Keefe said, holding onto me tightly. "Now, let's see... I a going to READ YOUR MIND!!!"

"Yeah right," I said, although I was feeling a bit nervous. Keefe was very good at guessing things, especially when he was challenged that he couldn't guess it.

"I think..." Keefe muttered. "Let's see, it has something to do with...Linh..." 

Oh god, he was a mind-reader. 

"Okay, yes...Linh...has a...crush! Linh has a crush on somebody. This is about Linh having a crush on..." 

I swear Keefe could literally read minds. 

"Wait..." Keefe said. "No way..." 

"What!?" I said, starting to get like, really panicked. If Keefe guessed that linh liked me, what would he do? I didn't even know for sure if Linh liked me or not. What if Marella was just pranking me and Keefe guessed and asked Linh? Oh god, what if Tam heard... I was so dead. 

Mom walked in just as Keefe opened his mouth to speak. "Boys!" she said. "I said that lunch was ready and we are almost all out, so either both of you come and grab a few bites, or you can starve until dinner." 

"Not happening! Bye Fitzy!" Keefe said, letting go of me and dashing to the door that lead to the dining room. I walked in to find him making himself comfortable in a chair between Sophie and Dex. 

Sitting across from Keefe, I reached out to grab a Blitzenberry Muffin, but Keefe snatched it out of my hands and stuffed the entire thing in my mouth. A/N These are all real Keeper of the lost Cities foods that I found by searching Elvin foods KOTLC on Google. 

I glared at him, but Keefe didn't notice. Sighing, I scooped some Mashed Carnissa Root with Umber leaves onto my plate, then glanced over to see what Keefe had. Somehow, Keefe was very talented at picking amazing food combinations. 

On his plate, he had three more Blitzenberry muffins, three slices Porcarot Pie, a large helping of Mashed Carnissa Root, two Threadleen fruits and a large bowl filled with Starkflower stew. 

I was gagging in my mouth just thinking about all that food and decided to just pick my own. 

Sophie was looking at Keefe, both disgusted and amazed at the quantity of food he was stuffing into his mouth. Dex looked at Keefe, just realizing that he had the manners of a barnyard animal and scooted away as a slightly chewed up carnissa root landed on his lap. 

Tam didn't even look surprised and glanced at everyone staring at Keefe with an expression that plainly said, 'I told you so, and you didn't believe me so you get what you deserve and I don't  even care if you get splattered with food.' 

Soon, in the middle of dinner, Mom slammed her spoon on the counter and we all looked up, shocked at the loud noise. 

Mom rubbed her hands together excitedly. "Because you all got your matchmaking lists," she said. "I say you all have your Winnowing Galas!" 

"Mom!" Biana and I protested at the same time. 

Mom shook her head. "Everyone in this room is required to have one as you all are talented people and all deserve to have a Winnowing Galas. I will take the girls shopping and Alden will take the guys. No excuses!" 

Mom turned heel and left. 

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Sophie screamed, collapsing on the table.