Chapter 40- Fitz

Jessalyn led us down the hallway into a room full of suits. Although most of them were dark shades, I noticed a few that were extremely bright and loud, that hurt my eyes. Of course, these were the ones that Keefe immediately rushed to. 

"Look Fitzypoo! I can imagine you dancing the night away in this one," Keefe said, holding up a disgustingly bright neon yellow tux. 

"No way!" I said, pushing it away. 

"Look!" Dex said, who had been rummaging a cabinet behind us. "I found the matching bow tie!" He held up a bow tie in a similar neon shade and Tam scoffed, with amusement or disgust, I couldn't tell. 

"Aha! It's perfect!" Keefe exclaimed and seized the bow tie from Dex and shoved the entire horrid ensemble at me. "Alden! We already have Fitz's outfit picked out!" 

My dad, who looked relieved to have been saved from talking to the crazy blond store worker from before walked over and examined the outfit in my hands. He looked at me with a weirded out face. 

"This has to be a joke." 

"Don't worry, it IS," I said to Keefe and Dex, who were trying to restrain their laughter, and pulled the suit out of my Dad's hands and hung it back on the rack where Keefe found it from.

"Oh come on!" Dex said to me as I hung it back. "You would have looked good in that Wonderboy!" Keefe and Dex erupted once again and this time I swore I heard Tam chuckle softly in amusement from him bench in the corner. 

I scowled at the pair of them and pulled them both over to the side of the room that did NOT contain electric, eye-melting colored tuxes. 

"Wait up," Jessalyn said, running over, her ponytail bouncing against her back. She had appeared with a tape measure and her clipboard. I immediately resumed what I thought was a "cool" position and leaned on the nearest rack of clothes next to me. 

The rack fell over with a bang and a bunch of shoes tumbled out from beneath it. Embarrassed, and sure that my cheeks were bright red, I hurried and picked up all the shoes. I checked behind me to see if I was the only one who made a fool of myself. 

I was not, and I had turned around just in time to see Dex quickly attempting to make a cool position. It ended up with his head cocked, hip jutted to the right and both hands planted firmly on his hips. He noticed I saw him and quickly resumed a normal stance, his freckles standing out on his flaming face. 

I "subtly" turned my head to see if Jessalyn noticed. She did not, and I didn't know whether I was happy or unhappy about this situation. She was sitting with Tam, and obviously flirting with him, her elbow on his knee as she measured the length of his leg for suit measurements.  

I watched Tam carefully. I swear, if he cheated on my sister with Jessalyn... 

Tam seemed...not extremely into it but at the same time, it didn't seem like he minded Jessalyn being so close. Jessalyn finished measuring him, and tucked away her measuring tape into her cloak pocket and remained talking to him on the bench they were sitting on. 

Jessalyn's Dad saw her and I watched as he strode over to her excitedly. "Quickly, quickly now Jessy! We have a Vacker," then he squealed, "and a Sencen," pause for squealing again, "in our shop! Quick, leave that boy there and quickly go measure them! Quickly now!" 

Jessalyn gave a sigh and glanced at Tam once more before picking herself up, and walking over to me. I quickly tried to stare extremely intensely at the floor in front of me, so Jessalyn wouldn't think I had been creepily watching her from across the room. 

"I know you were watching me," she said, before I could open my mouth. "I'm not blind." 

"Oh I-"