Biana's Gala- Part 3

Keefe had removed Jace from me, as they were going off to plot some ridiculous evil scheme that would probably shut down Foxfire for a few weeks, and I sighed, turning and walking towards the corner of the room, where I knew a couple of velvet benches were. I just needed some space. 

Did every single one of these guys in this room like me? Did that mean I would have to literally reject every single one of them? I didn't think I could handle that. 

A few people tried to stop me on my way across the lengthy ballroom, including a ridiculously short boy with three nose piercings, a boy with a shaved head and sword-sharp cheekbones, and a boy with long flowing golden locks that went all the way down to his waist. Even after just brief conversations, I could safely say that they were extremely eliminated off my list of 'Potential Husbands'.  

Finally reaching the shadowy corner, I sat down on one of the benches, sighing in relief. From my viewpoint, I could see all fifty of my guests, and occasionally my friends around the room. 

At the food table, I could spot Sophie pigging down over a plate of mallowmelt, and Keefe sitting at a table across from her, smiling slightly. At the music section, I could see Marella pleading with Dex, probably to change the music "to some cool pop songs, so we can stop listening to this boring classical", in Marella's words. 

I could see my brother, who was supposed to be helping supervise the event, chatting to some other boys that looked his age, while holding a yellow bubbling drink in his hands. Funny, I thought he would have been hanging out with Linh from the way he obviously had a crush on her. 

Linh was chatting with Wylie, and they were laughing together. Linh was nervously brushing her hair behind her ear, and I cocked my head, a little confused. Wasn't she head over heels for my brother, or have I missed something? 

And where was Tam? I scanned the room again, searching for the familiar silver eyes, and the jagged bangs. I turned around, frustrated and then stared at the bench in the far corner carefully. I could have sworn that I saw some movement. 

I moved benches and sat on the one next to the one with the suspicious movement. My suspicions had been correct. There, sitting and staring at the legs of the velvet bench in the shadowy corner, was Tam Song. 

I should have known he would come here, and I fought the urge to laugh. I crept up and sat down next to him and tapped his shoulder quickly. 

"Boo." 

He jerked his head around, panicked, and I couldn't help but giggle a little at the sight of him. 

"Biana?" 

"Yes?" 

"Jeez Biana, you scared me so bad. Why are you here? Shouldn't you be out and about, talking and flirting with all the guys? I saw you having a good time with that pink-haired dude." His tone was blank and I could tell he was trying to keep the jealous tone out of his voice. 

I placed a hand on his. "The only guy I really want to talk and flirt with is you. I don't want to dance with any of these other guys I don't even know. I want to dance with you." 

Tam opened his mouth to protest, but I shushed him. "Don't give me the rubbish about how "you're a twin, and a Shade, and you wouldn't be good enough for me." Don't say that.  I chose you, and I don't care if you are a twin, or a Shade, or if you were Banished. So shut up and dance with me." 

I stood up, smoothed out the wrinkles in the tulle of my dress, and gave my hand to him. He rolled his eyes, but took it, a small smile on his face. He led me into the middle of the dance floor, and I could see some of the guys looking at us with jealousy.