002

"Astir help center, how may I help you?"

"Daddy said I should join him." The little boy laughs. "He says I should do it. He said the pain would be brief. He says jumping from the roof wouldn't hurt."

The operator's eyes widened and she sits up, pressing the phone to her ears. The technicians were trying to trace the phone call but it was coming up blank.

"Where is your daddy?" The operator asks, trying to talk the little boy out of it and also trying to give the technicians more time to trace the call.

"He's in heaven. He says if I jump now, we'll play together forever."

"Fuck this!" One of the technicians said, jumping from his seat. "I'm going to try and catch the boy, I'll listen in for the voice. Someone should alert Alpha Erik."

"I'm on it." Another technician said, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"I just wanted to tell you that Baba said he's here. He said Astir is going to fall." The little boy said with a giggle. "Everybody has to fall."

The operator goes to open her mouth, about to say something when the sound of fast rushing air blows through the speaker before she hears a sharp thud.

-

A child has died.

A child had jumped to his death from a five story building.

Colson couldn't wrap his head around it. Erik hadn't been home since he burst out the door at three am, Cobie at his side. No one had been able to find the child before he had fallen.

Everyone in the house was tense. Michel had gone along with Erik. Colson was sat in the sun room, his face in his hands as he waited. Something was wrong someone.

"Here."

Colson looks up to find Gabriel holding out a mug to him. He looks at the man and the cup before reaching for it. Gabriel has on a velvet red dress with thin strips and white sneakers. He looked good.

The mug was filled with cold beer.

"Really?" He asked Gabriel who shrugged and gave him a smile.

"You look like you needed it."

True. "What's in yours then?" Colson asked, gesturing at the mug in Gabriel's hands.

"Also beer. I can't get drunk but I do like the taste." Gabriel smiles shyly, running a fingertip around the rim of the cup.

Colson looks at the cup and raised it to his lips. He gulps the entire drink before placing the cup on the floor, right beside his leg. For the past six months, Colson had kept minimum interaction with Gabriel. Things felt strained and awkward between them.

It's not his fault their precious moon goddess didn't see them as a good match. It's not his fault Michel comes into his room and fucks him into the mattress. However, there were times where Colson felt like he was hindering something great. Times where he thought he was just the little bump in the road that would still end up leading Michel to Gabriel.

It's a bit sad because Gabriel was actually a nice person and he was also the second closest person to Cobie. Talk about things. Not everything because Cobie likes to come to his room and they'd have a sibling cuddle and talk about things, their words a whisper between them.

The two of them sit in silence.

Waiting and waiting until finally.

"Your brother is on his way here." Gabriel said, playing with the hem of his dress.