033

Colson sat on Aetos' lap, they were cuddled close. It seemed like the hospital was filled with members of the pack, like they were all waiting for the good news. Erik hadn't come out yet and Cobie had stopped screaming about half an hour ago, so Colson was counting that as a win.

Colson feels like if he so much as moves a breath away from Aetos, his skin would catch fire, cuddles closer, arms around his mate's neck. What if something goes wrong? What if something happens to one of the babies? What if Cobie doesn't make? He has read stories like this online and now there's a minute possibility that it could happen.

"Calm down, he's going to be alright. They're going to be alright."

"But wh-"

"Cobie heals with water. The babies would be fine and so would he." Aetos said, pressing a kiss to Colson's head. Colson couldn't sit still, he wanted to move. He gets off Aetos' lap and pulled the vampire up with him. He was going to take a walk, if he keeps sitting there, he'll keep having one bad thought after the other and that's the last thing he wants.

He wants to see the babies and Cobie. And also the look that Erik would have on his face and he also wants to know if they'd name one of the babies after him. Aetos guides Colson's hands to his elbow and told him to hold on.
Colson held onto Aetos' elbow as they walked away.

They used one of the emergency exits and find themselves outside in the hospital garden. Colson had always been impressed with how Erik ran his town. The population of Astir might have doubled but it was still the same clean and gorgeous place. The hospital being the same. The hospital garden looked amazing. There were a couple of people there, most of them wearing the hospital gown or top and pants with the hospital logo on it.

"Do you feel a little different?" Aetos asked and Colson hums.

"Is it the separation thing?" Colson asked and Aetos nods.

"And I can feel everything you feel here." Aetos said, raising his free hand to his chest. "I can feel how excited, scared and worried you are."

Colson turned to look at his mate and Aetos was smiling. Smiling like it was the best damn thing that has ever happened to him. And- Colson could feel it. Like something warm was blooming in his chest. Was that-
His eyes widened at Aetos. Was that why he had been feeling so many things at once? He knew he was worried but it felt like it had been amplified back at the waiting room. Aetos had been worried too.

So Cobie and Erik had telepathy while he and Aetos were given the gifts of empathy.

"You know what this is?" Colson asked, a smile making a way to his face.

"What?"

"Awesome, is what this is." Colson said. They had been amazing with you know, talking things out and always sorting out their misunderstandings. Colson knows that he could be an asshole sometimes and he also knew Aetos also knows that it comes from a good place. But now, he'd be able to feel it. Oh goodness, the sex would be a trillion times better. Scratch that, a gazillion times better. He could picture it.

"Stop that." Aetos said and Colson pouts. He was about to say something when he sees the warmth on Aetos' cheeks. He was blushing. Oh wow. Wowowowowow. Yeah. Colson loves human Aetos and he was a hundred percent going to love the awesome wolf Aetos was going to become. Because have you seen Astir's wolves?

Aetos was always supporting Colson, he always had his back. With the Gabriel issue, with the Michel issue and so much more and now Colson was going to be so supportive that Aetos would get annoyed. Not that he wasn't already. Supportive, that is.

Colson was so happy, he was absentmindedly bouncing on his feet. He doesn't notice Aetos leaning so close until their lips brushed. It was so soft and it felt like his body was thrumming to life, he felt like he could feel the soft brush of Aetos' lips all over his body and it felt so wonderful. It felt so good, he couldn't help but moan. Judging by the way Aetos' grip on his waist tightened, Aetos could feel just how much he affected Colson.