012

"I say we pack up everyone who looks suspicious and boot then out of Astir." Colson said, running a hand through his hair. He wants to pace but there was no room in Erik's office. The pack warriors, border patrol, Aetos and Pytor, Michel, Erik And Cobie were here. Even Toby.

"There are people who are so awkward they act suspicious. Booting everyone whose eyes twitches isn't the right thing to do." One of the pack warriors said, staring at Colson like he just popped on his body.

"We only saw the shadows last night because of the lightning. What's the weather forecast for tomorrow?" Cobie asked. Two pack warriors pull out their phones and check the internet.

"Can't we ask one of the witches to push back the rain a bit?" Pytor asked. "Astirians don't need to know yet that their shadows are rising and walking beside them."

"Won't it be better if they knew, so that they'd be careful?" Michel says and his voice makes Colson shiver. It was why he was leaning against the wall, he was so far away from Michel that he felt a little safe despite the sonofabitch was still in the room.

"We are not sure if it's everyone or just the four of us whose shadows have began walking. So it's better to keep it on the down low. Lets not make people panic for no reason." Cobie said. "We can push the discovery back a bit until we know what exactly we are dealing with."

"How are we sure this isn't connected to the Baba person we keep hearing of?" One of the border patrols asked.

"There's a fifty percent chance it is and a fifty percent chance it isn't." Colson said.

"The children will be out tomorrow, so will half of Astir in fact. Maybe even more. We have to put up the border, increase the security. I want warriors on each street. I will also speak to some of the betas that aren't here who are interested in joining." Erik said, standing up from where he was leaning against the desk, Cobie in his chair behind the table.

"I know a witch we can trust t-" Michel starts as Colson quickly butts in, his eyes darting away from the beta.

"Why not let Cobie and Erik go through the list of witches and pick one themselves?" Colson said. "Erik's instincts are sharper and he'd be able to hear even the smallest of blimps when they lie." It's true. Cobie has to be one of the best liars Colson knew and yet Erik was still able to know when he lied and it wasn't because of their bond and shit. He genuinely knew when Cobie was lying.

Thankfully the pack warriors agree to Colson's words.

"I'll have a few vampires keep an eye out." Aetos speaks up.

"Thank you."

"So who's going with me to line the borders?" Toby asks as he gets up.

"I'll go." Colson volunteers, he hasn't ever seen an Addonexus work their blood. Pytor also offers too. Ever since the event of two days ago, it seemed like the vampire had been avoiding Colson, it felt almost like he was feeling guilty.

"Alright. Erik and i will talk to some betas but that's all for today. If you see or feel anything out of place, reach out to us." Cobie said, voice clear and tone final. The wolves all bow to him before filing out of the office. Colson still wasn't used to the amount of respect Cobie was given by each wolf from the Silver Moon pack. It's not that he doesn't deserve it, it's just... Colson doesn't think he'll ever get used to it.

"You three be safe." Erik said to Colson, Toby and Pytor.

"Here." Cobie pulls out a gun from underneath the table and throws it at Colson who catches it with a hand. "Be safe."

"Always." Colson promises. He gives Aetos one last look, his hand brushing the vampires shoulder as he walked out of the room, Toby beside him and Pytor behind.