022

When Colson comes to, he finds himself lying on the bed. He's not sure what to do. It's like something else was with him.

After looking around the room, he finds out he's in Aetos' room and he's alone. He swings his legs over the side of the bed and got up, he shuffles over to the kitchen and then got into the bathroom. He flips on the light and splashed water on his face.

Something didn't feel right.

Colson doesn't bother wiping his face clean. He walks back into the room, just as the door was pushed open and Aetos walks in. In the blink of an eyes, he was in front of Colson, his hands cupping his cheeks.

"Baby, are you okay? Do you need anything?" Aetos asked and Colson shakes his head.

"I'm fine." Colson answers, the lie falling past his lips freely. He doesn't feel okay. "What about Diego?" Colson asks.

"He's okay. He's sleeping it off."

"What happened? What did you do to him?"

Aetos looks at him with a worried expression, his brows arching up as he stared at Colson. "You don't know?" He asks and Colson shakes his head. He couldn't see after a while and everything was just dark.

"I don't know."

"I might have snapped his neck when he touched." Aetos says and Colson's eyes widened.

"You don't snap people's neck because of that."

"I promised to protect you and he looked crazed. So I did what I had to do."  Aetos said. "He's a vampire. Me snapping his neck wouldn't do anything to him. If I had ripped his head off, now that would be a different story."

"It'd be different cbecause he would be dead."

"He is already dead."

Colson narrowed his eyes at Aetos who sighs. "He's a kid."

"He has to learn."

They stare at each other for a while before Volson relaxes a bit. He moves closer to Aetos, wrapping his arms around the vampires waist and resting his head on Aetos' chest. The hands the vampire had around his cheeks, moved down a bit to his shoulders and he hugs him tight. It had been scary and it was true. Aetos had done what he had to do.

He needed to talk to Cobie.

He pulls back a bit, chin resting against Aetos' chest as he looks up at the vampire.

"I need to talk to Cobie."

"Why?"

Isn't that a good question? His brother was the only one who could see the black spots on his body and it was Cobie who figured Michel out. He wants to tell Aetos, he really did but Colson fears whatever it is coming for him, knows how to end Aetos. He couldn't do that.

With Cobie, they could figure out a plan. But with Aetos it felt like a death march.

"He and I need to talk."

"It's late, Colson."

"Late?" Colson asks rhetorically, letting go of Aetos to look out the window. It was dark out. How had he missed that? He peeps over at the clock hanging to the side and sighs again when he sees it quarter past ten. He couldn't go marching up to the pack house now. Cobie was carrying twin, he didn't need to stress him out. This could wait until morning.

It's time, my pet.

What had that meant?

Colson realizes he was pacing and stops. He needs to pull himself together and focus.