016

Colson and Aetos spend the entire day together for their date. Just talking, laughing, snacking and being together. Instead of dining out though, Colson and Aetos made their way back home and the vampire's makes them a tasty dish of spaghetti and meatballs.

The day had been so unbelievably perfect, Colson couldn't be any more happier. After dinner, they settle in front of the tv, watching an old episode of Gotham when it suddenly went dark out. The moonlight coming through the windows had stopped.

Both Aetos and Colson quickly made their way to the window. To check what was happening. The streets were lit enough for Colson to see a the lot of people who had been walking somewhere, stop and look up at the sky.

Aetos pulls out his phone, ready to call Erik when suddenly the moon was back and this time it looked brighter than before. It must be Colson's eyes, because it also looked bigger.

"What?" Colson asked.

The answer came when loud piercing howls filled the air and Colson just knew. He immediately understood. Erik and Cobie had finished the mating cycle. He had leant over the past week that, there were steps to this. The claim, the marking, the bonding. The bonding seals all three. It had to be done underneath a crescent moon.

"It's okay." Colson says to Aetos, smiling softly as the night was still lit with howls.

"It's Erik and Colson isn't it?"

"Yeah." Colson says, turning to smile at Aetos. "Let's finish this episode and watch another."

Aetos nods. He pulls Colson by the waist and they fall back into the couch again, cuddled up close as they watch the tv.

-

November came with snow.

Colson had practically ran out of the house when he had woken up to find Astir covered by three inches of snow, the air cold.He doesn't even put on shoes and quickly regrets it once he steps on the snow.

"Shit."

"Do you want to lose your toes to frostbite?" Aetos callas as he walks out of the house, a pair of FILA boots in hand. Colson quickly puts them on, huffing a bit when Aetos covers him with a jacket too.

Maybe running barefoot and dressed in thin pajamas wasn't the best decision Colson had ever made.

"Let's go in, babe." Aetos says, leaning close to press a his lips against Colson's in a soft, chaste kiss.

Unlike Colson, however, Aetos wasn't really covered up. He had on a thin faded band T-shirt and plaid pajama bottoms to match, boots covering his feet.

"How the hell aren't you shivering?"

"I don't really feel the cold." Aetos replies as he leads Colson back into the house. Colson pouts at the vampire.

"Well I feel the cold. Ugh."

Aetos snorts And leads him into the kitchen. Colson takes a seat at the kitchen island and watched Aetos flip on the kettle and takes out a large white mug as well as the box of cocoa he keeps in the cupboards above.

"I want marshmallows in them too."

"I think Pytor ate the last of them." Aetos says as he puts two spoonfuls of cocoa into the cup.

"I don't think I like him again."

"I don't even understand the friendship you two have." Aetos says, elbows resting on the counter as his face rests on his palms.

Colson snickers and then shrugs. "He is a pain in my ass but he's still... nice. We get along well."

"Yeah, that's why last week you almost shoved his hand into the meat grinder because he said he preferred skimmed milk."